Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Doff System WOW just wow (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236600)

Archived Post 10-15-2011 07:50 AM

Doff System WOW just wow

So I finally got a char up and have been trying this out. all I can say is AMAZING. I totally love it. great job cryptic.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adarandrel
So I finally got a char up and have been trying this out. all I can say is AMAZING. I totally love it. great job cryptic.

There are some rough edges and bugs, but the system has a great deal of promise. Granted, that could be just my inner logistics weenie talking, but I love being able to tweak and customize my crew beyond the boffs, and it's a great way to get data samples, and the like.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 10:40 AM

Add A Drop Down User Guide!

Title Says most of it, a Guide for working with the Doff System would be a Big Help. I have supposedly 14/100 Duty Officers, 5/5 Ship Side, and 4/5 Ground Side.

I see none of the other, Missing? 5 units??

Can not re-assign any that I can see.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 10:46 AM

*duplicate*

Archived Post 10-15-2011 08:00 PM

I love how I was playing the mission where you have to fight your way out of the Klink Weapons lab, and I used a stimpack... and in beams a MEDIC (I had a nurse slotted in my Ground Doff slot that gave a % chance to beam in a medic with every hypo use). The MEDIC hung out thru the whole fight healing me and my team as needed.

I think the doff system holds Alot of promise!!! Good stuff.

Archived Post 10-20-2011 09:24 PM

Dear Cryptic, I still love you even though i want to beat you.

I've been posting a lot of criticism these last couple days or so. that doesn't mean I hate you. quite the contrary. I want you to succeed. That's why I feel strongly about my responsibility as a player on Tribble.
and my obligation to post my feedback on these forums

There are alot of HORRIBLE ideas being bandied about by you guys on Tribble. Doffs is not among them.

Do more good
, Less bad.
thank you.

Archived Post 10-21-2011 12:21 PM

I like the addition of the department heads to the Doff system. Definitely adds a bit more of a Star Trek feel to the game from the logistical side of the house. Will our department heads eventually offer buffs to our ships as well?

Archived Post 10-21-2011 12:27 PM

To the OP -

*thumbs up*

I agree. I am having a ball with the DOFF system, and I cannot wait until it is polished nice and good and makes it even better!

Archived Post 10-21-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsidian_Phoenix76
To the OP -

*thumbs up*

Heretic has done an excellent job on the Doffs, I love playing around with them and the feeling that my crew can do more than finding the next stock Star Trek enemy to blow up. ;)

Archived Post 10-21-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Title Says most of it, a Guide for working with the Doff System would be a Big Help. I have supposedly 14/100 Duty Officers, 5/5 Ship Side, and 4/5 Ground Side.

I see none of the other, Missing? 5 units??

Can not re-assign any that I can see.

Not all DOFFs are designed to be usable for Space or Ground duties. Those 5 DOFFs not showing up on your Space/Ground Roster list are civvy types . . . no special ability. DOFFs like "Colonists" are only usable on Missions.