Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   VA cannot get into Gamma Orionis ... Why? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=237803)

Archived Post 10-21-2011 09:18 PM

VA cannot get into Gamma Orionis ... Why?

I'm a Vice Admiral and I can get into Gamma Orionis .... WHY NOT! This need to change, you are suppose to be able to get into there when your a VA.....

Archived Post 10-21-2011 09:27 PM

You can't get in most likely because you haven't done the mission from quinn about reporting to battle group omega and because of the forced mission progression you have to do all the missions before it.

Archived Post 10-22-2011 07:52 AM

Yep, and that MUST change. It's bad enough that separate storylines require you to finish an unrelated storyline first, but you lose access to the top tier crafting materials because you can't get to GO. I read in another thread (that I can't find now) that a Dev was going to change it so that you regain access at lvl 41, but three patches later, it's still not accessible.

Crimony, I have to abuse my diplomatic status and steal crafting material from the Klingon sector if I want to get top tier crafting material!

Archived Post 10-22-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyouki
Yep, and that MUST change. It's bad enough that separate storylines require you to finish an unrelated storyline first, !

I agree. I despise the whole Devidian story arc and generally skip it. With this idiocy, any new character, and probably any existing ones, will be forced to do content that's both irrelevant at VA, but something I dislike to begin with.

That forced story arc garbage is going to cause problems.

Archived Post 10-24-2011 08:07 PM

The worst part of the locked progression is that you always get loot that is useless by at least 2 marks with the exception of the old featured series- which btw I thought were created for all ( or almost all) ranks to enjoy... or skip.

Archived Post 10-24-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy277
The worst part of the locked progression is that you always get loot that is useless by at least 2 marks with the exception of the old featured series- which btw I thought were created for all ( or almost all) ranks to enjoy... or skip.

Is that because of forced progression or is that because of the accelerated XP on tribble?

Archived Post 10-25-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakarak
Is that because of forced progression or is that because of the accelerated XP on tribble?

I would say a bit of each.

What they need to do is Unlock each of the stories lines when you get to certain rank. Ie the romulan arc unlocks when you commander.

The DS9 ones open at captain.

Maybe not at Commander 1 and captain one but say Comander 5 and captain 5.

Also the rewards for the mission need to scale as well. There nothing wose then begin force to do a mission to work you way up and get two level below reward!

Archived Post 10-25-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCO
I would say a bit of each.

What they need to do is Unlock each of the stories lines when you get to certain rank. Ie the romulan arc unlocks when you commander.

The DS9 ones open at captain.

Maybe not at Commander 1 and captain one but say Comander 5 and captain 5.

Also the rewards for the mission need to scale as well. There nothing wose then begin force to do a mission to work you way up and get two level below reward!

Either that or unlock each arc at a certain level once you unlock it by playing once with any character on the account. That way, new players will be forced to play episodes in order but once they do, they are free to play through each arc whenever they want.

Archived Post 10-30-2011 03:56 PM

It also prevents finishing Tour the Universe

My biggest gripe with the Gamma Orionis lockout is the you cannot complete the Tour the Universe mission without going to Gamma Orionis. You therefore merely get the enery credit rewards for the other sectors. While these are fairly generous, there is now very little you can get with energy credits since all the gear that is worth anything is now being sold for massive amounts of dilithium or, if you are a crafter, for massive amounts of dilithium plus a potload of data samples. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!

Archived Post 10-30-2011 04:45 PM

Did you copy over then you did not everything with that one

you did not complete welcome to Space Dock mission on tribble? hmm

we ar in a different test mode now

this new server