Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Ker'rat frustration (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=237972)

Archived Post 10-23-2011 12:14 AM

Ker'rat frustration

Any time i want mk11 purple ground gear i can go to otha and make a few runs both quickly and easily. I'm usually alone when i arrive there, and even when there are enemy faction players it becomes a bit of pvp fun.

When i go to Ker'rat, on the other hand...

Well, seems like there are always a lot of players there, and they are usually just flying around near our spawn, instead of running the mission. So i think "oh, there must be enemy players around" and stick close to my allies. Eventually i get bored and go start clearing one of the borg thingies. If i'm succesful (spelling?), someone else scans the damn thing. Sometimes i'm engagd by a decloaking klingon player and, whether i die or not, someone else scans the damn thing.

Anyway, long story short: i appreciate that it's an open pvp area, and i enjoy pvp so that's no problem, but i really can't remember the last time i got any gear from the place.

Any tips? Or is Ker'rat the domain/hunting ground of a select band, who will gank enemies engaged with borg and steal contribution with a venemous dedication (i'm not annoyed really, i actually find ker'rat a lot of fun, but the request for tips is serious)?

Archived Post 10-23-2011 12:17 AM

wait...theres a mission in kerrat?

Archived Post 10-23-2011 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallout23 (Post 3825704)
wait...theres a mission in kerrat?

Hehehe, when was it added? :D

Archived Post 10-23-2011 10:01 AM

tips... hmmm... join a klingon fleet... after ya get to know them tell them to cover ya hide while ya grind purple on your fed.

Archived Post 10-23-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
tips... hmmm... join a klingon fleet... after ya get to know them tell them to cover ya hide while ya grind purple on your fed.

Shhhhh. don't give away our secrets :eek:

Archived Post 10-23-2011 11:36 AM

Well considering this where you get the best gear in the game currently, It should be hard imo.

Archived Post 10-23-2011 11:41 AM

Last time I got spawn camped at Ker'rat it was an 8 on 2 affair....Feds kept hammering us,I managed to warp out and put out a call for KDF reinforcements....within minutes the scene was quite different,8 Feds getting hammered by 7 Klingons.....and the Fed tears started flowing.

My tip of the day....bring friends to the Ker'rat bar fight.....

Archived Post 10-23-2011 01:12 PM

Tip for gear... hmmm do what we do to annoy farmers...

Park a cloaked defiant close to a hulk and let the suckers scan for you. The mission (Like every other Craptic design) is 100% based on dmg done to the hulks. So when your bridge officer decloaks your ship (Cause he/she is a moronic Craptic employee) Open up on the hulks as fast as you can.... HY torps... BOLs... Or cannon spam what ever fast dmg you like, kill 2-3 hulks... and chances are you will win.

Don't expect the other feds to help you if the Klinks find you... being the loot ninja isn't going to make you friends... lol

Archived Post 10-23-2011 02:36 PM

Ker'rat is become a klis shooting ground against the poor feds! They remain cloacked lurking in the shadows and then at the right time pounce on the selected prey. The cloacking power and the greater agility are a lethal combination when you are alone, so if the feds are outnumbered leaving the arena is the only option for you interested in collecting purple stuffs. Anyway, when hearing the typical decloaking sound run away at full speed and don't stay to fight a losing battle, try to always avoid the dogfight and reach a quiet area. I know, it's frustating sometimes but nothing else you can do against an hunting klis group and if you wonna fight them go to Ker'rat with your buddies ready for anything.

Archived Post 10-23-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majeef (Post 3825702)
Any tips? Or is Ker'rat the domain/hunting ground of a select band, who will gank enemies engaged with borg and steal contribution with a venemous dedication (i'm not annoyed really, i actually find ker'rat a lot of fun, but the request for tips is serious)?

1: You can let the "Farmers" scan, and just be quick high enough damage to the Husks to kill them before the "Farmers" do.

2: Bring 4+ friends or Guild mates that are good at PVP, and have them do Clearing for you, while you scan.

Other then that... *Shrug* Sell your soul to the Farmers and try to learn their trade. :p