Does PvP Get Better?
When the game 1st launched I used to PvP quite a bit and it was good fun, I left the game for a while and I am giving it another look at the moment. I'm only Caption 5 so obviously my PvP experience is limited to my level. So far I've managed to do 2 arena's in the space of about 4 hours. My questions are:
1) Do players at higher level's pvp? Because at my level hardly anyone does it.
2) Are they always imbalanced? Both arena's we were outnumbered 3v2.
3) How are Sci ships in PvP? I didn't seem to last very long against the klinks!
I know it's only based on 2 arena's, back when the game launched PvP was more popular and I used to enjoy it.
Any replies are appreiciated
the que's have been sluggish lately due to the lack of new content and few new power adjustments and consoles and weapons that just make VA pvp kind of a mess. my suggestion would be to join a pvp fleet or casual fleet that has guys who pvp regularly. we do get together the occasional private match and groups through the OPVP channel.
have fun kill bad guys
also sci is king right now fed side at least. get your self some cpb's, psw's, and i do not condone the use of it but... a scramble. 125 aux happy and torp heavy...off you go...
You'll get much more PvP at VA1.
You're going to want to find a PvP fleet. Not too many left though, and most won't recruit a newbie. You might need to settle for a PvE fleet that PvPs until you can work your way up.
Science ships are actually quite OP if you know how to use them, but more so at cap because most of the cmdr. level skills are tier 5.
Most of the good fleets and players are on fed, not Klingon. This is half due to faction imbalances, and half due to the fact that there is a lot more PvP to be had fedside.
Join the channel OrganizedPVP, that will help more than anything.
2) Numerical Imbalance is not that common at higher tiers. You should usually get 5v5 matches (or larger in Capture & Holds
3) Science Vessels have the most powerful abilities in PvP, together with Science Captains.
If you had trouble surviving, it may be the lack of experience with PvP so you don't have quite the right build yet to make it work for you.
PvP Essential Build and Tactical Advice:
1) Distribute Shield Power or use Tactical team to do it for you. You get more out of your shield and shield regeneration this way, and you'll need.
2) 2 Emergency Power to Shields are basically required. 2 EPtS can be chained so you have always one of them up, and this will give your shields considerable damage reduction, cutting your enemies firepower considerably, allowing you to survive focused fire and buffed attacks.
3) Hazard Emitters and Transfer Shield Strength are good additions, HE is the best hull heal for most ships, and TSS is the best shield heal (EPtS is primarily for the restiance, not the healing, t hough it helps there as well - and TSS also provides healing.)
4) Keep Moving. Speed means Defense.
5) PvP is a team game. Share Heals. Focus Fire. Communicate. Join a PvP oriented Fleet.
the most important rule i think to remember is, you will die. a lot. a whole lot. so much so that you will probably never want to hop into pvp again. this is where the most important rule comes in- dont get discouraged.
we've all died our fair share of times. it happens.
++ all the stuff the other people have said.
Honestly, if you start to get annoyed with how often you do get killed, nothing wrong with steping away, logging out of the game (Not while in a match mind you!) And giving your self time to cool off.
So often does that happen where I step away after getting annoyed, then come back and suddenly it's like I've improved. :p
The best part of pvp is those who play it and sometimes I forget that.When I vent off at my fellow pvp'ers not because of using some choice powers they elect to use but because many of them are good without the cheese.
I spend a large some of time with these players and they are the real reason why I still play. The sad part is many are leaving, most of my own fleet is gone or waiting for f2p.
I agree. nothing wrong with a lil ragequit now and then ^^
Even yesterday, I wanted to have the new Defiant skin so bad and it was still not available in the Cstore. I ragequitted and ditched my Defiant for it.
Now I returned and it costed me another 2 respec tokens. Im a wild supported of the Cstore and im a big funder.
2) Sci ships are useful, but if your group only uses them, they will be vulnerable.
3) Laughable statement, any PvPer worth his salt has a deep abiding respect (or hatred) for the Klingon (and occasional Romulan) they face in PvP. WARNING: FvF is not PvP and never will be, do not fall into this pattern of utter failure!
Yours in Insightful Corrective Plasma,
May all beings everywhere plagued
with Scrambling of targets and viewscreens
quickly have counter to thier affliction.
May those feeling outclassed cease to be afraid,
and may those Stunned be free.
May the Low DPS find power,
and may people think of Cross-Healing
May those who find themselves in 1 vs 1 situations,
fearfully out of Heals--
the Noobs, the Experienced, the Unresistant stacked--
be guarded by beneficent Teammates.,
and may they swiftly attain Zen PvP.
<rings tiny bells>
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:42 AM.|