Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Looking for Jobs in New Mexico (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239014)

Archived Post 10-30-2011 02:02 PM

Looking for Jobs in New Mexico
 
Yeah this may be something that players didn't expect, but here it is. I am jobless and living with my parents in New Mexico and am hunting jobs in the state preferrable in the cities of Albuquerque, Las Cruces, and Farmington. I have applied to a lot of the major retailers here in the state including Target, Sears, Albertsons, Costco, Staples, GNC, etc. I haven't recieved almost anything from any of them. I started this thread to see if anybody knows of any good paying companies that are hiring full time or part time in New Mexico or Nation Wide. The only job I have ever worked in the US was as a Target Salesfloor Team Member in Virginia so there aren't that many things I would qualify for. I'd really appreciate any help anybody could give. Thank you.

Archived Post 10-30-2011 02:27 PM

With all due respect job hunting sites may be a better target for this query than a gaming forum. Even a local Chamber of Commerce or regional website forum would be better than here.

Also another thing to consider when opening yourself to job offerings over the internet is that most people who will offer you a job will get money FROM you and not give it to you. Beware of scammers, good things over the net usually are anything but..

Archived Post 10-30-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirlettia
With all due respect job hunting sites may be a better target for this query than a gaming forum. Even a local Chamber of Commerce or regional website forum would be better than here.

Also another thing to consider when opening yourself to job offerings over the internet is that most people who will offer you a job will get money FROM you and not give it to you. Beware of scammers, good things over the net usually are anything but..

Yeah I knd of knew of that. That's all true. :o

Archived Post 10-31-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
Yeah this may be something that players didn't expect, but here it is. I am jobless and living with my parents in New Mexico and am hunting jobs in the state preferrable in the cities of Albuquerque, Las Cruces, and Farmington. I have applied to a lot of the major retailers here in the state including Target, Sears, Albertsons, Costco, Staples, GNC, etc. I haven't recieved almost anything from any of them. I started this thread to see if anybody knows of any good paying companies that are hiring full time or part time in New Mexico or Nation Wide. The only job I have ever worked in the US was as a Target Salesfloor Team Member in Virginia so there aren't that many things I would qualify for. I'd really appreciate any help anybody could give. Thank you.

Here's the New Mexico State Personnel Office:
http://www.spo.state.nm.us/
(State Government Jobs)

Your local Social Security Office should also be able to point you in the right direction as they redirect unemployed toward jobs too.

Visiting local stores is far more effective than online postings, since online postings are generally last reserve.

I'd suggest asking employees about new job openings as they tend to hire in this order:
1) Internal Hiring and Referrals (shifting jobs within the company)
2) Cold Call Business (Openings appear in the stores before they appear online, usually)
3) Job Boards
4) Internet (more of a last resort since many openings are posted late in the game, require advanced skills/degrees and are filled quickly as well).

Archived Post 10-31-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Here's the New Mexico State Personnel Office:
http://www.spo.state.nm.us/
(State Government Jobs)

Your local Social Security Office should also be able to point you in the right direction as they redirect unemployed toward jobs too.

Visiting local stores is far more effective than online postings, since online postings are generally last reserve.

I'd suggest asking employees about new job openings as they tend to hire in this order:
1) Internal Hiring and Referrals (shifting jobs within the company)
2) Cold Call Business (Openings appear in the stores before they appear online, usually)
3) Job Boards
4) Internet (more of a last resort since many openings are posted late in the game, require advanced skills/degrees and are filled quickly as well).

Cool thanks. :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 PM.