Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Wepons (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239032)

Archived Post 10-30-2011 05:02 PM

Wepons
 
Hello All

It Starfllet Is At War, Would It Not Make Sense That Their Crusiors Could Equipet Dual Phasers Banks In The Aft Sections ? not just the Fore Sections. Heck Even Battle Wagons Of WW2 Mutiple Turnable Deck Guns And A.A. Guns. And Speaking Of Guns. Why Could You Not Equipt Cannons On Crusiors.

Just A Thought , Any Feedback Would Be Apprciated.

:D

Archived Post 10-30-2011 06:14 PM

I have been asking for rear mounted Dual Beam Banks and single barrel cannons for a while, now.

MAKE IT SO DEVS!

Archived Post 10-31-2011 07:50 AM

Yeah, better turnrate, more hull, better shields would be great, too. And more BO slots of course.

Wait... isn't this Cruisers Online? :rolleyes:


Where's the sense in using weapons with 90 arcs on slow moving and slow turning whales like cruisers? :confused:

Anyway that would certainly break immersion. Devs, don't do it.

Archived Post 10-31-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellspawny (Post 3838958)
Yeah, better turnrate, more hull, better shields would be great, too. And more BO slots of course.

All of which will be available in the c-store in the months to come!

Archived Post 10-31-2011 11:51 AM

It's spelled "weapons", by the way.

On topic, however...

I would never bother wasting time with 90 degree fire arc weapons on my rear. That's why Eject Warp Plasma's in the game.

WTB T6 Dreadnought with dual spinal lance, cloak, antimatter spread, 25 base turn rate, and carrier flight deck NAOW pl0x.

Archived Post 10-31-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellspawny (Post 3838958)
Yeah, better turnrate, more hull, better shields would be great, too. And more BO slots of course.

Wait... isn't this Cruisers Online? :rolleyes:


Where's the sense in using weapons with 90 arcs on slow moving and slow turning whales like cruisers? :confused:

Anyway that would certainly break immersion. Devs, don't do it.

I don't know about you, but I am perfectly satisfied when my cruiser running a 17.5-22.5 degree turn rate. Plus cruisers have been characterized as "8 beam broadside", with fore and aft 90 degree arcs, that would sure change things.

My point of view is, if I could, I would mount a D.B.B. or two in the aft , and have only two beam arrays in the back. This would do much to take away from some of the negative reputation to cruisers.

Archived Post 10-31-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakaishin
It's spelled "weapons", by the way.

On topic, however...

I would never bother wasting time with 90 degree fire arc weapons on my rear. That's why Eject Warp Plasma's in the game.

WTB T6 Dreadnought with dual spinal lance, cloak, antimatter spread, 25 base turn rate, and carrier flight deck NAOW pl0x.

Except that in ever PvP match where someone tried hitting me with warp plasma when I tail them, I veer off, double back(You go left, I turn right and wheel around almost on a dime), and am still on their tail, and they just wasted that skill. With its short duration, I RARELY get hit by it.

Archived Post 11-01-2011 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCell (Post 3840251)
Except that in ever PvP match where someone tried hitting me with warp plasma when I tail them, I veer off, double back(You go left, I turn right and wheel around almost on a dime), and am still on their tail, and they just wasted that skill. With its short duration, I RARELY get hit by it.

Also has a short cooldown, and you're going up against idiots.

If I want you to get caught by EWP, you will.

Tricks to doing so... one of MANY, letting you get comfortable on my aft, pop Evasive + Attack Pattern Alpha and pull into Reverse, THEN pop it.

I don't care if you have twice the maneuverability of an MVAM, you won't have time to react, and will get caught.

This will also pull my devastating forward arc on YOUR rear in half a second.

1 volley, and you're dead. Yay win for me.

Again, simply one of many. You'd be surprised how often a simple maneuver like this works. Only real way to avoid it is to avoid the aft altogether.

This leaves my broadside and front. No matter how nimble you are, 1 Evasive if you're on my broadside guarantees my forward arc finding you.

I only need one shot.

Doesn't matter who you are or what you're flying. There are ways to make you go boom.

Archived Post 11-01-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakaishin
Also has a short cooldown, and you're going up against idiots.

If I want you to get caught by EWP, you will.

Tricks to doing so... one of MANY, letting you get comfortable on my aft, pop Evasive + Attack Pattern Alpha and pull into Reverse, THEN pop it.

I don't care if you have twice the maneuverability of an MVAM, you won't have time to react, and will get caught.

This will also pull my devastating forward arc on YOUR rear in half a second.

1 volley, and you're dead. Yay win for me.

Again, simply one of many. You'd be surprised how often a simple maneuver like this works. Only real way to avoid it is to avoid the aft altogether.

This leaves my broadside and front. No matter how nimble you are, 1 Evasive if you're on my broadside guarantees my forward arc finding you.

I only need one shot.

Doesn't matter who you are or what you're flying. There are ways to make you go boom.

What no throwing the boat in reverse??? That used to be my fav' for the Gal-X.

Just remember, some of guys have armor and shield boosts to our ships too. You might pop escorts that way, but theres still ways to mitigate damage from big bad hits before we get them.

Archived Post 11-01-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whamhammer (Post 3841172)
What no throwing the boat in reverse??? That used to be my fav' for the Gal-X.

Just remember, some of guys have armor and shield boosts to our ships too. You might pop escorts that way, but theres still ways to mitigate damage from big bad hits before we get them.

Oh, there are ways to survive it.

But, end result of my rant, if I want my nose on a target, I will get it.

If I want Eject Warp Plasma on my target, I will get it.

The ship doesn't win a match.

The captain does.

I can defeat any opponent in any equal-tier ship, because the ship is irrelevant.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.