Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   I declare: NO HOLDS BARRED (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239217)

Archived Post 11-01-2011 10:54 AM

I declare: NO HOLDS BARRED

Hi PvP Community I have something I would like to share.

I was one of the biggest speakers for following the rules known as the OPvP Tournament rules. I believed that Kharn and Zorena did a good job making that Tournament and setting up some balanced rules. It was my wish that all people that considered themselves a part of the PvP Community would follow these rules, not only in Tournament matches but at anytime while PvPing.

I tried to speak in favor of that for a long time, but as Spock said when he tried to save Romulus "I failed, and the OPvP Tournament failed aswell”. One of the most disappointing moments in STO was when the prime Fed fleet that was part of creating those rules abandoned them and decided to run whatever they like. Instead of using these overpowered abilities and making public queues a borefest, they should have been a role model for the PvP community, promoting fair play and competition without abilities such as Torp Spread. However, that was their choice and there is no changing it now.

It is now clear to me that we can’t have a common ruleset because all the different PvP fleets that are left have their own agenda. Maybe it is understandable when everyone else is doing it. There are so many things in STO that I consider semi or fully broken, and by the looks of what is to come, it will only get worse.

What will the future bring? Well I will be around doing pew with my new Panda friends. The rest of Qew mostly don’t play anymore because of the horrible balance, broken skills and the fact that there is nothing more for us to accomplish. We have never cheated or used exploits and we will continue to play with that integrity in any future games we are going to play.

Lately I have raged a lot at fleets and friends in OPvP channel when they did not follow OPvP rules, but I see now that it was my mistake. I should have realized that what is left of this community can’t handle playing under a competitive ruleset. To quote one of the Kerrat legends Minimax: "Nothing is op. There is No OPVP Ruleset".

However, I don’t want to see any one complaining about overpowered or broken abilities, as there was a ruleset in place that prohibited the use of them. The majority of the community chose to ignore these rules and it was these choices that have lead to the current state of the PvP Queues. The players are the ones responsible for what we see in the PvP Queues every day. Cryptic is not forcing us to use these abilities.

Anyways, when you can’t agree on any common ruleset, then there shouldn’t be a ruleset. That is why I must declare: NO HOLDS BARRED. Use whatever you want, just remember there are consequences for the future state of the game in doing so.

Thanks for your time,

Tide

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:01 AM

Not you too...

Being the better man doesn't really count for anything. It mostly just leads to more frequent respawning. Not that I can really hold it against anyone when if feels like everyone else is doing it. As for me, I'd simply rather not. That pretty much makes me a moron.

I suppose eventually I need to find something more constructive to do with my time.

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHale (Post 3840996)
Being the better man doesn't really count for anything. It mostly just leads to more frequent respawning. Not that I can really hold it against anyone when if feels like everyone else is doing it. As for me, I'd simply rather not. That pretty much makes me a moron.

I suppose eventually I need to find something more constructive to do with my time.

No you are a man of honor Hale, some of the Qews did just uninstall the game and said I should do the same.

This do not meen that I would go now and changes my 25 toons to use the most broken skill in STO. But rather me haveing 2 sets of BO depending on who I fase in pvp.

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:18 AM

i will continue to play without crap and i hope that all the other members of RE do the same. well, if we get pwned because of the **** you throw on us .. well, ok, i can live with that. but expect us to laugh loud and call you naps if we win :p

edit: actually i can't really blame the players who use all the broken stuff. i blame cryptic. they failed to balance the game and fix the broken stuff (double shields anyone? .. this is so ridiculous)

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Ramone
i will continue to play without crap and i hope that all the other members of RE do the same. well, if we get pwned because of the **** you throw on us .. well, ok, i can live with that. but expect us to laugh loud and call you naps if we win :p

edit: actually i can't really blame the players who use all the broken stuff. i blame cryptic. they failed to balance the game and fix the broken stuff (double shields anyone? .. this is so ridiculous)

I consider RE my good friends. They where the only fleet other that Qew who followed the opvp rules and dont use any crap. I would never use any broken stuff in a match against you guys.

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:37 AM

....i have to follow what H.Ramone said ! I think, there still are people and fleets that WANT to play clean and with common rules. I´ll do my best to still keep it like that ! Several fleets don`t follow these Rules. And the OPVP-Channel is still not, what it sopposed to be, i think ! What about making a Homepage ? For example: www.sto-pvp-fairplay.com ^^ ! Think, there is a need for more organization in this point.
I´m still hoping to see more people and fleets training with each other on fair and actual rule-setups.
Think we have to devide between "Fun-Play" with all crap and "clean-play" without all broken skills !

Btw, i hate playing with Scramble and the other crap. That´s not giving anything to me. I´m always happy about good, fair, balanced games. Plz don`t give up hope....^^

Just my few lines^^, greetz sheela@heizluefta (RE)

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:56 AM

I do play clean and have done so for quite some time, I merely do not play as much becuase my passion for STO is at an all time low.
plus I have better things to do than respawn after spending the whole time scrambled.
I do pop in the Ker'rat if the need to PvP gets too much to ignore.

No holds barred, does sound fun though ......

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:58 AM

Come on Tide,

You blame TSI that opvp rule set fell apart? It was never meant to be some rule set that everyone is to follow. It was for a competitive pvp tounry. It worked well for that, policing the queues will never work. With any rules.

But you also know that the majority of tsi doesn't use 'spam' anyways, and there's, last i checked, noone that i play with that even slot a scramble.

What's also ironic tide is that you can hang out with the pandas (who seem to be the fleet most people HATE going up against), but TSI saying, "No, we wont have any rules on what too use", That's horrible.? Even though, TSI's spam is VERY limited.

Archived Post 11-01-2011 11:59 AM

I don't care if everyone and their mother starts spamming, I won't slot a Scramble, Torp Spread, AMS, or whatever else they come out with. I'll use my own (admittedly lacking) skills to do whatever I can, I don't need any of Cryptic's trash to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Ramone

RE are good people, you guys pull of your wins without any spam or OP broken stuff and I appreciate that :)

Archived Post 11-01-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidemand82 (Post 3840975)
One of the most disappointing moments in STO was when the prime Fed fleet that was part of creating those rules abandoned them and decided to run whatever they like

You should tell the whole story. A member of that certain fleet declared that everyone was free to run whatever they liked - and what happened was: that certain fleet decided to play entirely scramble-free whenever possible.