Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Path to F2P Dev Blog #17 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239517)

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:14 PM

Path to F2P Dev Blog #17

We've upped the limit on character transfers to our test server, Tribble, and put out a call to arms for the Klingon Defense Force in today's entry on the Path to F2P.

Link to the Article

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:18 PM

Any chance of telling us what the Titles are? And what power the "Unique" DOFF has? :)

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:23 PM

Someone needs to add the blog link to the main F2P Dev Blog page. You can only get to #17 via direct link from this page right now. #16 is the last entry.

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:25 PM

I've been very supportive of the just about the entire F2P experience so far, including supporting changes to crafting :rolleyes:, dil system/exchange, and have leveled a new fed character to 51. While I sort of consider it a duty of mine to slap down rumors, conspiracy theories, general cluelessness about business processes, commercial development, and the like, I think "it" speaks volumes about the call for more KDF feedback in this latest dev post. Does the elephant sitting in the Great Hall continue to be totally unnoticeable/unnoticed? (That of course being, the continued lack of actual KDF content?). Simply put, the reason you are not seeing KDF feedback is because, really there does not remain much to be said that has not been already stated and you will be hard pressed to find increasing number of KDF play testing because there is really nothing to play test except for ship builds...

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:27 PM

I have a crazy radical idea that can get you more data on high end Klingon gameplay....

Flesh out the rest of the Story Content for the Klingon faction....

Just saying.

However, in lieu of that consider upping the reward for laboring through to level a Klingon to level 51. Having it the same as the Fed side atm is more of a disincentive considering the general feel of the community given what has transpired so far in the F2P beta.

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:28 PM

So.....
I get my Fed to level 51 do all characters (Fed and Klingon) get a title and ship slot? I get my Klingon to 51 do all characters get a title and ship slot? If I get a Fed and Klingon each to 51 do all characters get a title and 2 ship slots? I get both a Fed and Klingon each to 31 do I get two chunks of Dilithium? :confused: As it's written I'd get two chuncks of Dilithium and 2 ship slots....

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:30 PM

Also, not that it is a huge deal, but as one point of clarity, if you get a Klingon and a Federation character to level 51, every character can claim two additional ship slots? Because that is the way it sounds. Or, is it that each ship slot is specific to the faction you level to VA?

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

We have not been getting as much feedback on higher end Klingon game play as we hoped, so if you have a Klingon character to transfer over, give it a try!
Maybe because there's nothing to do? even less than there is on the Fed side at high end? Or maybe its the completely blatant lack of content thats so bad that even with the increased EXP right now and starting at Commander you can't get to endgame without grinding and replaying missions?

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:33 PM

Not enough kdf feedback? I am quite disappointed.
1) night of the comet is broken for 3 months
2) cloak is broke after a year
3) we missed ships for a month of the test
4) not enough Bos or way to acquire Bo's
5) start the game like a hobo completely broke
6) kdf academy is nice but not very academish. It could teach maybe 50 kdf. Sf academy looks like it could house hundreds.

The first 5 things have been said a hundred times and make it impossible to level as a kdf. Check my characters log, all I could do was level via doff system.
but no fix.
The faction is empty on holodeck but really broken on tribble.
Seriously how much more input do you want?
It is even more painful to level one now

Archived Post 11-03-2011 05:34 PM

Actually, it can go both ways, it might be lack of interest in KDF rather than lack of KDF content. The tutorial turned me off of KDF style game play.