Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   F2P Klingon Play Feedback (per F2P blog post #17) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239630)

Archived Post 11-04-2011 01:02 PM

F2P Klingon Play Feedback (per F2P blog post #17)

Per F2P blog #17

On today's blog post was the following:
"We have not been getting as much feedback on higher end Klingon game play as we hoped, so if you have a Klingon character to transfer over, give it a try! We’re looking forward to more Klingon feedback on the Tribble Forums."

1. Replay missions aren't scaling rewards properly. I played "Bringing Down the House" with my KDF LG that I transferred over from holodeck. I was rewarded with a MK-XI shield. Unfortunately, when I selected the next mission in this series, the reward listed is a MK-II deflector. Until rewards scale correctly based on character level, there is no reason to go back and replay the missions.

2. Only the Federation series and the Reman series are available for reply, even though my transferred character has played them all (some many times).

3. After playing the first mission in the Fed series (Bringing Down the house) was completed, the Fek'lhri missions became available, but with non-level appropriate rewards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If one were to start a new KDF character, he/she would find that their character is not rewarded the Bridge Officers that they should be receiving at any of the promotions that indicate a BO reward is to be given.

The Fed side of the game does not have this error/bug and is rewarded with many high quality (green and blue) BOs while ranking up.

This is a major issue that must be resolved as it negatively impacts a KDF players ability to obtain new BO skills that can assist him/her to rank up and play the end game STFs.

It doesn't make sense going into Infected (for example) if you don't have the skills and equipment that will allow you to be successful.

Finally, the bug that decloaks cloaked KDF ships when dialog boxes pop up needs to be resolved once and for all. This bug has hampered KDF players for over a year and should have been dealt with sooner rather than later. There is no basis for this bug to remain in game as I have yet to see an episode of any Star Trek series or movie that showed KDF ships decloaking because they answered an incoming hail. Rediculous!

Archived Post 11-04-2011 01:15 PM

All this ^ I agree too.

Archived Post 11-04-2011 03:17 PM

If Cryptic wants more Klingon feedback, it might help to ungate some of the mission content, so players who do the DOFF system aren't at the level cap by the time they get around to doing most of the episodes. Otherwise, there's not much incentive to do the same old missions unless you're a serious bug hunter. Casual testers are going to work toward their testing-related freebies promised for Holo for the various rank and DOFF accomplishments.

Really, I get the feeling more and more that they might as well have made the Klingon faction unlockable only by level 51 Federation characters, because all the mission level changes really did was effectively push most of it to the endgame.

If it's going to be another several months to a year or more before we get new content, why should anyone bother? Speaking of, what ever happened to the featured series that were originally planned for this year? Have they been delayed until after F2P launch? (I probably just missed an announcement.)

Archived Post 11-04-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mack_dorgeans (Post 3846891)
If Cryptic wants more Klingon feedback, it might help to ungate some of the mission content, so players who do the DOFF system aren't at the level cap by the time they get around to doing most of the episodes. Otherwise, there's not much incentive to do the same old missions unless you're a serious bug hunter. Casual testers are going to work toward their testing-related freebies promised for Holo for the various rank and DOFF accomplishments.

Really, I get the feeling more and more that they might as well have made the Klingon faction unlockable only by level 51 Federation characters, because all the mission level changes really did was effectively push most of it to the endgame.

If it's going to be another several months to a year or more before we get new content, why should anyone bother? Speaking of, what ever happened to the featured series that were originally planned for this year? Have they been delayed until after F2P launch? (I probably just missed an announcement.)

Heck I been trying to story line but while i completed the romulan series I can not not Start the breen.

And I tried coping my Holodeck kdf since open more transfer but I get i message that I have no slots open. Never mind when I log in it say I had one open. So i delete one i create on tribble and I still get the message.