Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Free to Scramble at Will? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239638)

Archived Post 11-04-2011 12:59 PM

Free to Scramble at Will?

Okay guys, getting a power fixed doesn't mean that it is okay to chain and stack that power ad infinitum. Remember, what causes rage against "pre-mades" is not that they use broken powers, but that they stack/chain powers in such a way so as to render opponents (PUGS especially) completely unable to defend themselves or retaliate (see gravity well x 4). That is way more un-fun than an evasive misfiring and is how I define "exploiting a power"

Have fun, and remember everyone else is trying to do the same. Bring balanced teams to the queues and see the rage subside. I swear it will work. You can always break out all 5 sci ships in private matches :)

Archived Post 11-04-2011 01:44 PM

In my brief but intense time last night with the game I learned these things:

1. Scramble is at about 70% of the duration that it was before
2. Sci team doesn't target jump anymore, and is a real hard counter now
3. You will kill yourself timing tcd's like you did before the patch
4. The new intrepid refit psw torp only works with photons, and misses sometimes
5. You will kill yourself again if you forget #3

I'm still more afraid of stacked cpb's and grav wells than scramble. More afraid, but scramble still tics me off more

Archived Post 11-04-2011 02:56 PM

LOL. It's probably the same people who were doing the same thing before the fix.

Archived Post 11-04-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

4. The new intrepid refit psw torp only works with photons, and misses sometimes

I'm still more afraid of stacked cpb's and grav wells than scramble. More afraid, but scramble still tics me off more

yeah, I disabled myself on instinct several times last night. I'm just conditioned to hit that TCD launcher less than 1k out. It's going to be fun trying to relearn my timing... if I don't drop the TCD completely.

Archived Post 11-04-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmr1580 (Post 3847258)
yeah, I disabled myself on instinct several times last night. I'm just conditioned to hit that TCD launcher less than 1k out. It's going to be fun trying to relearn my timing... if I don't drop the TCD completely.

dropped the TCD completely, utterly useless... too slow and too potent at close range, well, crap.

Archived Post 11-04-2011 08:50 PM

I <3 Ad Invincible.

:D

Archived Post 11-07-2011 11:12 PM

The way i look at it is if someone wants to exploit powers in a team vs a pug they are just running people away from pvp. I always pug and sometimes it is just down right boring when you have 5 sci ships spamming scramble gravwell and shockwave one after another.

Archived Post 11-08-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

Between #1 and #2, it seems that SS/AMS would be less of a burden with a working counter in play.
Still sucks that one can be hit by multiple Scrambles and that ST does not have a duration counter to effect such stacking in combat.

Archived Post 11-10-2011 12:55 PM

a premade should be made up of a g balanced group, and they should rely on skil and cooperation to win.

relying on stacking lame is... well, just lame... real teamwork means loading different ships with different abilities, and being able to cooperate on when to use what. Not building 5 identical ships and fire off 5 CPBs at once.

it's like cheating in solitaire; it's easy, it does not require skill, it will make you win, but the victory will feel hollow. And we all loose from it!

Archived Post 11-10-2011 01:42 PM

Well just letting you guys know TSI, QEW, SOB and at least 3 other fleets that I know do this stuff on a daily basis, regardless of what politics they post. :rolleyes: So ya many people are doing this and which is why the game is the way it is. Honestly though at this rate I don't care anymore. Nothing is going to change. I've accepted that and that's why I don't play anymore. I've moved on to other games. Suggest you do the same.