Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   item set mkX and XI (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239882)

Archived Post 11-05-2011 03:20 PM

item set mkX and XI
 
been away for a while, now ive come back and im wondering, i got the breen item set for my ship, but 1 part is mark X while the other 2 are mark XI is there a way to get the 1st part again as mark XI?

Archived Post 11-05-2011 03:41 PM

Just replay the specific mission.

Archived Post 11-06-2011 01:34 AM

I was wondering the same thing............

When I go for the replay though it says the rewards have been reduced ??

Archived Post 11-06-2011 02:33 AM

the xp and merits will be reduced but you will get the item appropiate to your level

Archived Post 11-15-2011 01:38 PM

The Breen ship pieces are Unique, so you can only have one at a time. Here's how you get maximum value out of your old piece (the one you're trying to replace).

Complete the mission but DO NOT TURN IT IN.

Go to a friendly base (e.g. DS9 or ESD). Dock.

Go to an item vendor; one who sells consumable items for ECs. Remove the item you're getting rid of and put it in your inventory.

SELL the item to the vendor. You will get ~40 percent of its listed value in ECs.

NOW you can turn in the mission and claim your new set piece. And you have some extra ECs into the bargain.


Occasionally, this will bug, requiring you to leave the map and return in order to claim the new piece. It think it stems from the game not recognizing that the piece is no longer in your possession (as you can buy sold items back or reclaim them via replicator if you haven't changed maps since getting rid of them). If this happens, just switch instances in ESD after making the sale and you should be able to claim your replacement piece.

Incidentally, this is a method for grinding ECs if you're ever in need (there are a few guys in my fleet who are perpetually EC-broke). Selling an entire Breen ship kit to a vendor at Mk XI is worth 220,000 ECs, IIRC.

Archived Post 11-15-2011 02:22 PM

You can only have 1 piece of each mk level of each piece. I have a Mk XI, Mk X, and Mk VIII Breen set for my shuttle & fighter fleet on each toon.

The XP rewards are reduced, but still are better a better deal than running patrol missions (or Pi Canis) over and over again. I redo those 3 Breen missions at each rank up just to get the next Mk set, keeping the highest ones ultimately for my shuttles & fighter.

Archived Post 11-15-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossimo_Barbarossa (Post 3862374)
You can only have 1 piece of each mk level of each piece. I have a Mk XI, Mk X, and Mk VIII Breen set for my shuttle & fighter fleet on each toon.

You learn something new every day. :)

I discovered the bug I mentioned when selling one set piece because the game *wouldn't* let me pick up the upgraded Mk item. Clearly things have changed at some point.

Archived Post 11-16-2011 12:30 AM

mmm... 1 thing I will have to check. You can have 1 at a time of the breen set. What if I sell it. Can I get the stuff again? If so: that would be an interesting glitch. The breen set is worth quite a bit of EC.

Archived Post 11-16-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boos_B (Post 3862832)
mmm... 1 thing I will have to check. You can have 1 at a time of the breen set. What if I sell it. Can I get the stuff again? If so: that would be an interesting glitch. The breen set is worth quite a bit of EC.

It currently works like this:

You're a captain, and you do the Deferi/breen mission arcs.

As a reward you get a Captain level >supercooled< item set for the specific mission.

Now you reach Rear Admiral, and you want to upgrade your current set. No problem: you replay the missions and get a new item.

You can do this over and over again untill you hit Vice Admiral.

HOWEVER: You can only have one of each, at any given time, so you have to get rid of the Captain level item, before you can claim the Rear Admiral variant (you can complete the missions though, and wait till you can sell the item in question, and just have the mission in your "In Progress" tab waiting to be turned in).

So...

Do Mission -> Claim item -> Level to next rank -> Re-do mission -> Sell Item -> claim upgraded item.

Hope this clears it up.

Also, theese items are a quick way to earning EC. The Vice Admiral variant gives you 100K in return when sold at a vendor... Just saying.

Archived Post 11-16-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 3862843)
It currently works like this:

You're a captain, and you do the Deferi/breen mission arcs.

As a reward you get a Captain level >supercooled< item set for the specific mission.

Now you reach Rear Admiral, and you want to upgrade your current set. No problem: you replay the missions and get a new item.

You can do this over and over again untill you hit Vice Admiral.

HOWEVER: You can only have one of each, at any given time, so you have to get rid of the Captain level item, before you can claim the Rear Admiral variant (you can complete the missions though, and wait till you can sell the item in question, and just have the mission in your "In Progress" tab waiting to be turned in).

So...

Do Mission -> Claim item -> Level to next rank -> Re-do mission -> Sell Item -> claim upgraded item.

Hope this clears it up.

Also, theese items are a quick way to earning EC. The Vice Admiral variant gives you 100K in return when sold at a vendor... Just saying.

that's not quite right. I had the Mk VIII from Cpt rank and at Rear Admiral I repeated the missions and got the higher ones without selling the old. For VA you must get rid of the "old" VAs Mk befor you can claim the
"new".


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 AM.