Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Getting sick of the numberous Double Shield hackers I catch. Cryptic? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240123)

Archived Post 11-07-2011 03:34 PM

Getting sick of the numberous Double Shield hackers I catch. Cryptic?
 
The title says it all.

I've been observing numberous 2x shield hackers, mainly in kerrat, also in Arenas.
And it has been observed my alot of us recently.

(No Im not talking about rumours and no I dont have legimate proof which could not be edited or modified by me)
Nor will I release any logs or stuff because its kinda irrelevant in doing so.
And no I'm not talking about a friend of mine because I honestly believe it was on accident for his situation)

But these things are really making me thinking of leaving this game. Cryptic still havent fixed it after numberous (supposedly?) bug reports about it. Its making me sick seeing someone using 1 tactical team or a Science team 1, or even a TSS2 instantly filling up one's shield without any other explanation then this. And to make it worse right after I concluded something must be wrong I check the logs <- (lol) and to my astonishment i see 8 entries on the same timestamp, exactly the same, from the cheater using the double hax, using a power on himself with 8 entries. Next thing someone else gives him a TSS2, same ********. 8 entries. Using a TSS2 on himself (one of the teammates of the potential hacker) do not give double entries while used on himself.

"And yes, there are also cheaters which have been recently caught, and intentionally re-applying it. And yes, everyone who pm's me and ask me who it is, I will gladly tell you. Im not doing the honor myself of spreading the word about people who are continuously doing it.";

Story continues:
And then the victim dies, and there is no conclusion of innocent hack, the double shield is happily re-applied.

Archived Post 11-07-2011 03:37 PM

Well, today I caught someone in a known fleet using double shields. Also caught a teammate (pug) of mine using double shields.

At first I thought it was two seperate instances, but the logfile had nothing but double facings for everything I was throwing at him. No wonder those poor Klingons couldn't crack his shields. :( And he had my extends too. :o

If I didn't love this game so much, I'd just play something else.

Archived Post 11-07-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnogE00F
If I didn't love this game so much, I'd just play something else.

Same here... luckily the something else comes out on 20 Dec.

Archived Post 11-07-2011 04:34 PM

frankly i have been accused of this by people in my starcruser i had a fleet the other night in a cap and hold crying hacks and they were like we logged it ect for one i only have one shield on that thing so i do not know if it is real or just people not timing attacks to get through the shields i for one have not ran into anyone doing this that i know of and i pvp all the time if someone would tell me how you can tell if someone is using this i might understand and be able to get cheaters!

Archived Post 11-07-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid (Post 3851611)
Same here... luckily the something else comes out on 20 Dec.

you have to stick around until the day i perfect my tricobalt attacks and bring much overdue glory to the empire!

could be a while.

Archived Post 11-07-2011 08:25 PM

*waits for someone to blame TSI, since everything is always their fault :p*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rand Al Thor
frankly i have been accused of this by people in my starcruser i had a fleet the other night in a cap and hold crying hacks and they were like we logged it ect for one i only have one shield on that thing so i do not know if it is real or just people not timing attacks to get through the shields i for one have not ran into anyone doing this that i know of and i pvp all the time if someone would tell me how you can tell if someone is using this i might understand and be able to get cheaters!

You can tell if someone is using it when their shields instantly go back to 100% after using TacTeam.

Archived Post 11-07-2011 08:52 PM

I hope a REAL fix for these issues is part of the F2P build.

It would be worth F2P just to fix issues like these permanently.

Archived Post 11-07-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs5191 (Post 3851991)
*waits for someone to blame TSI, since everything is always their fault :p*



You can tell if someone is using it when their shields instantly go back to 100% after using TacTeam.

I blame TSI for Tric rift disabling all powers until death and grav well not allowing you to trigger powers even though they are available to use.

You happy now.

Archived Post 11-07-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Data
I blame TSI for Tric rift disabling all powers until death and grav well not allowing you to trigger powers even though they are available to use.

You happy now.

How wude.

/peepee

Archived Post 11-07-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs5191 (Post 3851991)
*waits for someone to blame TSI, since everything is always their fault :p*



You can tell if someone is using it when their shields instantly go back to 100% after using TacTeam.

Well when i use a tac team along with a transfer shield strength plus running my emergency power to shields with borg shields on my cruiser they go to 100%... even sometimes it looks like they go up when i just use a tacteam while running emergency power to shields so just watching them go up is not a cry for hax....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 PM.