Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Path to F2P Dev Blog #20 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240274)

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:19 PM

Path to F2P Dev Blog #20

In today's entry on The Path to F2P Stephen talks about upcoming changes to Patrols, and Fleet Crafting.

Link to the Article

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:24 PM

Nice to see that the patrol missions will get a much needed update.

I have pleny of chars that only have them partially done or not at all.

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:28 PM

I greatly appreciate this compromise for the crafting system (until it can get a much needed overhaul next year after F2P is live).

One thing I didn't see mentioned, are these new remastered patrol missions going to be re-playable by entering the system again? Or will they still be single-use never revisit-able missions?

The crafting changes will make alot of people happy, I think this is a completely reasonable trade off.

Good job!

Wow this is great news! This proves that Cryptic does listen and is making the great effort to change things that aren't working. Way to go Cryptic, it's nice to see that you are doing the right things not just to make the players happy but to make a great game! Here's a vat of bloodwine on me!

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:29 PM

Quick Someone Tell The Blog 14 Guys!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank You, Thank You.... a million times Thank You for taking another look at Crafting. You guys get a lot of flak on these forums, but I really do have faith that you have the best interests of your customers at heart.

Oh, and that other stuff sounds great as well!

Keep up the good work. I look forward to playing all the new stuff with characters I'll actually get to keep. :)

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:31 PM

Compromise, and one focused on trade and social ties. Good work!!

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:32 PM

The 'big' secret is the borg ground invasion we already know is coming.....:p

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:32 PM

I still don't think dilithium has business being anywhere in the crafting process. Crafting is supposed to be the alternative. While I applaud your effort in listen to the community feedback in response to concerns with dilithium in fleet crafters, this is just a work around that won't work. We have fleet crafters because some people don't want to craft and others do. this is making it so everyone has to craft a little, but only fleet crafters craft alot. This really is no change at all, it just adds additional steps. You are making it so fleet crafters have to depend on others to craft something in the process of their crafting. I'm sorry but this "work around" just won't work! While I'll save my rage for when this releases and we can see the dilithium cost associated with the new step it just won't work. Now if you add crafting stations to ship interiors, this might work.

Archived Post 11-08-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnBludd (Post 3853553)
The 'big' secret is the borg ground invasion we already know is coming.....:p

Yep. Fark let that one slip last night.