Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Will Sisko return in the upcoming Featured Series? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240408)

Archived Post 11-09-2011 02:09 PM

Will Sisko return in the upcoming Featured Series?
 
Will Sisko return in the upcoming Featured Series? I don't know and I'm not trying to start rumors, but that would be so cool!

Cannon characters are awesome highlights in the game ! Except for Worf lol

Voice overs by any of the ds9 cast in the upcoming featured series would be awesome!

Archived Post 11-09-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.parsons
Will Sisko return in the upcoming Featured Series? I don't know and I'm not trying to start rumors, but that would be so cool!

Cannon characters are awesome highlights in the game ! Except for Worf lol

Voice overs by any of the ds9 cast in the upcoming featured series would be awesome!

I wouldn't bet on it.

Two problems:

1. Likeness and costs of employing Avery Brooks and Co. to achieve this would be prohibitively high (based on previous speculation about Data and the Enterprise)

2. CBS oversight it such that I doubt they would approve such a radical change to the "DS9 Status Quo"

Archived Post 11-09-2011 02:13 PM

nah. it cost too much money for likness rights and voice overs.
I will eat my hat if it happens

Archived Post 11-09-2011 02:13 PM

Would be a funny suprise... Although in the Books he already returned...

Archived Post 11-09-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I wouldn't bet on it.

Two problems:

1. Likeness and costs of employing Avery Brooks and Co. to achieve this would be prohibitively high (based on previous speculation about Data and the Enterprise)

2. CBS oversight it such that I doubt they would approve such a radical change to the "DS9 Status Quo"

He has a history on signing off on his likeness and isn't interested in reprising the role generally. He signed off on Infinite Space to use his face without playing Sisko there.

Archived Post 11-09-2011 03:20 PM

i cant see it myself, but i would mark out like a kid if sisko appeared and fully voiced.

Archived Post 11-09-2011 03:59 PM

none of the trek actors excluding spock/nimoy has been mentioned beyond the rank or name in passing, why bother starting now?

Archived Post 11-09-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xautos
none of the trek actors excluding spock/nimoy has been mentioned beyond the rank or name in passing, why bother starting now?

Because PW may sink some money into the F2P launch window that might make this a unique opportunity for it? Because CBS might be more open to it if this a free access platform that they can use to draw attention to their share of the IP?

Archived Post 11-10-2011 01:04 AM

I think the game has enough set up for it that I think they want The Sisko to return at some point. Will it be in the upcoming Feature Episode Series? I don't know though it would be logical that something like The Sisko appearing would be FE worthy material.

Archived Post 11-10-2011 01:26 AM

getting voice actors is expensive and getting star trek voice actors may be so expensive that its just not worth doing, but if they started pulling in some big names like patrick stewart, avery brooks, tim russ etc i think that alone would be enough to attract people who might be on the fence.

it largely comes down to is it cost effective. i would say with the right actor and the right marketing it could be, but im not going to get my hopes up.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 PM.