Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Returning Engineer Star Cruiser (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240769)

Archived Post 11-12-2011 12:00 PM

Returning Engineer Star Cruiser

Aloha all! ^__^

I played from closed beta up till maybe a year ago? 5 months? I don't remember...

Anyway, I need some help in regards to my ship and build.

I'm an engineer flying a star cruiser as a tough healer. I normall play PVP. I just logged on a day or two ago, and notice some major changes... that and my first match was against a premi, but hey, what better way to relearn then being thrown into the fire :P (working off my phone at the moment so cant access sto)

I -think- this is my current layout.

EPE1, ET2, EPS3, SIFtoAUX3
ET1, SIFAux?, EPS3

FAW1, Attack pattern (whichever is the first one you get thats defensive)

HE1, ES1
TSS1

that's the basics, I'm feeling a lot more fragile, and my 'spike' heals dont seem as strong, so any reccomendations and whatnot just let me know.

LEONHART
U.S.S. Faithborn
"Chillax, No Ego, No Drama"

Archived Post 11-12-2011 02:42 PM

im guessing your goal is to be a support tank/healer?

if thats the case...why do you have EPtengines and energy siphon?

Archived Post 11-12-2011 03:13 PM

It looks like you've got a lot of system overlaps, and not enough division betwen your shield and hull heals. The current scene seems to be: If you don't have shields, you will die. TSS combined with the basic "Distribute Shields" is virtually manatory to this end, especially if you fire off Power to Shields beforehand.

SIF3 is still one of the best engineering heals purely because of it's short cooldown. Again, best combined with Power to Aux beforehand.

Engineers get a lot out of their own abilities though. EPS transfer and Rotate Shield Frequencies are good ways of keeping yourself buffed in general, but unless you're going for an all-out alpha strike, I wouldn't be using both at the same time as the cooldowns leave you relying too much on BOFF powers.

Just my two cents based on what's worked for me, so as a disclaimer, please don't take any of this as "gospel".

For point of comparison, here's my Sovereign Engineer build:

LT TAC:
Tac Team 1, Torp Spread 2

ENS TAC:
BFAW 1

CDR ENG:
EPTW1, RSP1, ET3, SIF3

LT. CDR ENG:
EPTA1, EPTS2, EPTS3

LT SCI:
TSS1, HE2

(Yeeeeah, I know. Best tank is the Star Cruiser, but hey, I'm a Sov fan...)

Archived Post 11-12-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak

Not necessarily. ;)

Archived Post 11-12-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tick0
Not necessarily. ;)

For what it's worth, I agree, but hey - who am I to spit in the face of thou mighty Min-Maxers. :D

Archived Post 11-12-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TovalMorgan
im guessing your goal is to be a support tank/healer?

if thats the case...why do you have EPtengines and energy siphon?

Oh sorry, by ES i meant extend shields. EPtengines are because i always got focus fired after the first half and sic spammed with vortex and whatnot. help me to move away without wasting heals... at least that was before

Archived Post 11-12-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak
It looks like you've got a lot of system overlaps, and not enough division betwen your shield and hull heals. The current scene seems to be: If you don't have shields, you will die. TSS combined with the basic "Distribute Shields" is virtually manatory to this end, especially if you fire off Power to Shields beforehand.

SIF3 is still one of the best engineering heals purely because of it's short cooldown. Again, best combined with Power to Aux beforehand.

Engineers get a lot out of their own abilities though. EPS transfer and Rotate Shield Frequencies are good ways of keeping yourself buffed in general, but unless you're going for an all-out alpha strike, I wouldn't be using both at the same time as the cooldowns leave you relying too much on BOFF powers.

Just my two cents based on what's worked for me, so as a disclaimer, please don't take any of this as "gospel".

For point of comparison, here's my Sovereign Engineer build:

LT TAC:
Tac Team 1, Torp Spread 2

ENS TAC:
BFAW 1

CDR ENG:
EPTW1, RSP1, ET3, SIF3

LT. CDR ENG:
EPTA1, EPTS2, EPTS3

LT SCI:
TSS1, HE2

Thanks these notes will really help out. As for your Sov comparison, I'd say you can heal just fine overall as your mitigating dog by pew pew ing more. the star cruiser is best for MinMax teams wherein on sort of ship alone is blah but in a focused team its great. I did my best healing on my old negvhar and things would die quickly enough where i wouldn't have to worry about CDs on my team heals :)

cheers all!

Archived Post 11-12-2011 10:13 PM

ps of course anymore tips from above or other folks are more than welcome, helk it doesn't have to be on a star cruiser at all seeing as this game changed so much

Archived Post 11-13-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEONHART (Post 3859842)
Oh sorry, by ES i meant extend shields.

In that case...Extend Shields isn't a science ability, it's an engineering ability. :p

Archived Post 11-13-2011 06:18 AM

Try;

Tactical: Tactical Team 1, Attack Pattern Delta 2
Science: Science Team 1, Hazard Emitters 1, Transfer Shield Strength 2
Engineering: Emergency Power Shields 1, Emergency Power Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1, Engineering Team 2, Engineering Team 3, Auxiliary to SIF 2, Extend Shields 3

That's if you want to be a pure support cruiser.