Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Registry Number Question (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241628)

Archived Post 11-20-2011 11:20 PM

Registry Number Question

How do I go about changing my ship's registry? I got the "Deluxe" package which should allow me to use the NX prefix, but I've yet to find a way to affect that.

Thank you.

Archived Post 11-20-2011 11:28 PM

This is done though the 'Customize Ship' vendor, which among other things, gives you the option of changing the NCC/NX prefix, as well as the registry number...

(This Vendor is on the main level of the Shipyard at Earth Space Dock Sol)

Archived Post 11-20-2011 11:28 PM

Press U on your keyboard, Open the tab for your ship, and look inthe bottom of the display. There should be a button called "Rename".

Be aware that the first rename is free, and the second and forth costs Merits, and later dilithium.

Archived Post 11-22-2011 11:52 AM

Kind of a silly thing to give out. NX is only for prototypes. Really weird to see some kid fly around with an NX registry on what's really a stock ship. *L*

Archived Post 11-22-2011 04:25 PM

and of course remember that you are limited by the numbers you can choose.

Archived Post 11-22-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
Kind of a silly thing to give out. NX is only for prototypes. Really weird to see some kid fly around with an NX registry on what's really a stock ship. *L*

That's only true if the player is flying a stock ship. If the player is flying a custom ship, then that technically would be a prototype. :p

Archived Post 11-23-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuatela
That's only true if the player is flying a stock ship. If the player is flying a custom ship, then that technically would be a prototype. :p

^ This.

When you're using a Rhode Island saucer with a Quasar hull, Aurora pylons and Nova nacelles it is no longer a stock ship. Of course, it also doesn't limit players from simply slapping the registry on a Defiant and calling it good.

:cool:

Archived Post 11-25-2011 04:32 PM

Even if you have a stock ship, how many people are also using stock equipment? Numerous ships are flying around with altered weapon layouts, exotic energy weapons, borg bits sticking out every which way, and all manner of unusual equipment, not to mention some of the just plain weird things some of us have sitting around. Borg assimilated tribbles, metal eating lava slugs, and pattern enhancers that give Temporal Investigations night terrors all manage to not be the strangest things in my inventory. I think just about everyone can argue for using NX on their ships except people who are RP purist enough that they wouldn't be using it anyway.

Archived Post 11-25-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 3870319)
Be aware that the first rename is free, and the second and forth costs Merits, and later dilithium.

Man, dilithium must be more common than I realized if Starfleet is putting it in PAINT...

Archived Post 11-25-2011 07:36 PM

I think they switched that over to EC, actually.