Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   There seems to be a huge benfit to using dedicated Energy Weapon Types (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241632)

Archived Post 11-21-2011 01:40 AM

There seems to be a huge benfit to using dedicated Energy Weapon Types

Hello All,

I had planned to running a mix of Disruptors and Phasers on my Vo'Quv; however, that was till I saw the huge difference in bonus between dedicated energy weapon type consoles and general increase all energy weapon consoles.

Example:

Disrupter Induction Coil MK XI (Rare) Bonus to all Disruptor Energy weapons +26%

Directed Energy Distruibution Manifold MK XI (Rare) Bonus to All Energy Weapon Types +18%

It seems staying dedicated to one energy type will be much more benificial (At least on Tribble)

Archived Post 11-21-2011 02:45 AM

What really irks me about this whole thing is that you are nerfed if you want to run anti-proton weapons. Unless I am mistaken, I don't think there is a console for it.

Archived Post 11-21-2011 02:46 AM

Yeah, this is more or less the case on Holodeck too. The dedicated consoles give a better bonus than the generic ones.

Archived Post 11-21-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akalayus
What really irks me about this whole thing is that you are nerfed if you want to run anti-proton weapons. Unless I am mistaken, I don't think there is a console for it.

Read the patch notes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
  • Added rare Mk X antiproton mag console to dilithium store.

Archived Post 11-21-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bort1980 (Post 3870409)
Yeah, this is more or less the case on Holodeck too. The dedicated consoles give a better bonus than the generic ones.

Ahh...no? A console increasing the cannons or beams efficiency has the identical value to a console increasing phasers or disruptors on holodeck.

I thing that Tribble change is to prevent to build rainbow builds without "a price", Still IMO a stupid restriction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Read the patch notes:

The "usualy" used consoles are MK XI rares, not MKX, so APs still have a disadvantage.

Archived Post 11-21-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akalayus

Except for the mk10's in the store the AP consoles are drops ingame.
On Holodeck the White MK12's where equal in effect to the blue mk11's (+26%), that has been changed on Tribble. White mk12's now give +24% and the mk11 blues still give +26%

Archived Post 11-21-2011 10:17 AM

On Holodeck, the skilltree ist for different Weapontypes. (Phaser, Disrupter, etc.) If you want to use AP, you must skill the most expensive skills in your skilltree. On Tribble, the skills aren't specific any more.

So, the price to get the most benefit out of AP is a cheap one in comparison to Holodeck.

This also aplies to any other type of weapon. You get consoles much much easier, than you get other skills...

Anyway, I think, I will stay with plasma. Perhaps switching to phasers or disrupters (as I already did with my Fed-Tac) for pvp.

Archived Post 11-21-2011 11:01 AM

since consoles give less returns the more you stack, you really arent loosing that much with a general coonsole over a specific one of the same type mk and rarity. what 5-10 dps at most? i tend to not buy stuff off the exchange anyway.,... minus things you can only get through crafting, so it doesn't matter that much to me if i have a specific energy type console. or a general one..

Archived Post 11-21-2011 11:47 AM

Rare MK XI Antiproton cunsoles are still not available though, only Uncommon MK XII's which you only get with much luck in Ker'rat.

Archived Post 11-21-2011 11:57 AM

This is nothing new. Running mixed weapons has ALWAYS equated to lower overall DPS, even if you specced out for both specific weapon type with the old skill tree.