Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   No Dilithium for Exploration Missions? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=242204)

Archived Post 11-27-2011 12:57 AM

No Dilithium for Exploration Missions?

What's up with that? Why is there no Dilithium reward for Exploration Missions?

Archived Post 11-27-2011 01:03 AM

It's now a daily you get from Grall - Explore Strange new Worlds.

Archived Post 11-27-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsaud
What's up with that? Why is there no Dilithium reward for Exploration Missions?

Aside from the one daily I guess they don't want people in the exploration zones. At least that's what it feels like.

Archived Post 11-27-2011 02:18 AM

If exploration zones get too crowded, people will fight for the anomalies etc. so I like how it is right now (specially B'Tran VA got quite empty now).

Archived Post 11-27-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marika.shran (Post 3877080)
If exploration zones get too crowded, people will fight for the anomalies etc. so I like how it is right now (specially B'Tran VA got quite empty now).

With crafting now having a Dilithium cost and that you can gather anomolies in DOFF missions, it shouldn't be much of an issue soon.

Archived Post 11-27-2011 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marika.shran (Post 3877080)

Exploration zones have instancing too. Besides one of the main purposes of Starfleet is to explore new worlds.

Archived Post 11-27-2011 04:07 AM

It basically steals away the whole "Exploration" experience of the game. They need to add Dilithium rewards to the Exploration missions; otherwise there'll be hardly any reason to do them.:mad:

Archived Post 11-27-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsaud
It basically steals away the whole "Exploration" experience of the game. They need to add Dilithium rewards to the Exploration missions; otherwise there'll be hardly any reason to do them.:mad:

...or you just do the 'Explore Strange New Worlds' at the same time you do exploration missions. sure you only get to explore once every 24 hours that way, but you get dilithilum

and besides, if they added dilithilum to exploration missions, people would just spam them and get too much dilithilum and really unbalance the current economy. limiting it like they have keeps things normal

Archived Post 11-27-2011 07:28 AM

hmmm

tell me if i'm wrong here but...

we got 4 Emblems for one B'Tran run. (one mission that gave 1 emblem and was NOT on a daily counter, and one daily with 3 Emblems).

now we get 1440 dilithium for one Exploration run.

so... in the end the one Emblem, that was not on a daily counter, has been removed.

Every exploration set should give 480 dilithium, without a daily cooldown.

Result: we get more options in what sector we want to do our daily, but we get LESS dilithium for it.

one step forward, one step back.

Archived Post 11-27-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trek17
and besides, if they added dilithilum to exploration missions, people would just spam them and get too much dilithilum and really unbalance the current economy. limiting it like they have keeps things normal

Duh. It's faster to spam STFs anyway.