Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Sometime PvP Really Is Just Fun (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=242334)

Archived Post 11-28-2011 09:04 PM

Sometime PvP Really Is Just Fun

I didn't have a particularly good or bad night over all. Between random (unsubstantiated) accusations of cheating, the resurgence of this "Klinks were created over powered for marketing reasons" crap, and TTS trolls (srsly, wtf man:eek: ) things were looking pretty bleak. My eyes felt pretty worn out so I went to be early but because I couldn't sleep I logged back in.

I'm really glad I did.

I just had a simple and fun FvK Cap and Hold. It was eight dudes flying around doing their thing. We bantered a bit (talked a lot of crap) while supporting one another (for the most part). For a bunch of folks trying like hell to kill one another it was quite pleasant. This wasn't my best match of the night and it wasn't the only fun in game that I've had all day. There wasn't, as far as I could tell, any particular moment of pure awesomeness but there wasn't anything especially dirty either. It was simple. Simple was actually quite fun. Even though I lost it was still quite a satisfying note to end the night on.

Sometimes the worst thing about an MMO is also the best thing. We've lost a lot but we do still have some really good people around here. Now the ol' eyes are really playing hell on me and I'm just rambling so I'll shut up... for now...

Thanks all:).

Archived Post 11-28-2011 09:25 PM

had a good night myself,

gg's to all, and to all, a good night.

have fun kill bad guys.

-horizon

Archived Post 11-28-2011 09:27 PM

Thanks hale. This is the reason why I haven't given my stuff away yet. That, and I have a LTS. STO is sometimes like a bad scifi movie, my wife doesn't understand it but I enjoy it.

Archived Post 11-28-2011 10:17 PM

It was fun Hale. I had just finished leveling my new tac/BoP and that was only my 2nd Lt.Gen level PvP with him, so good note to start on. I wish my time fed side in kerrat afterward was just as good...

Archived Post 11-28-2011 10:38 PM

Well I flew around today in my new cruizor that didn'thave any BO's or consoles. it was kind of fun anyway! Because I needed 7 more emblems to get my other shield, our fleet banker was not on and most of our fleeties burned up all their merits training other bo's for everyone else already!

Archived Post 11-29-2011 05:54 AM

I'm glad you had fun, though I only saw you in Ker'rat as I was zone hopping through it.

It was fun there too and a pleasure to fly beside you in combat again. :D

For the Empire!!!

Archived Post 11-29-2011 08:01 AM

Wish I could say the same :p

Can't even fly my Tac or Sci nowadays... I get such useless pugs that I feel like I have to fly my Eng/Cruiser if I watch the match to last longer than 3 minutes.

Archived Post 11-29-2011 08:25 AM

PVP can be a lot of fun. Last night was a good time mostly. I saw a lot of my friends in Ker'rat, & had some good pew in my C&H's. Although i got stuck in a 45 minute lolcruizor arena that made my head hurt. :mad:
As long as PVP stays more fun than fail I'll stick around.

Archived Post 11-29-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvs5191 (Post 3879370)
Wish I could say the same :p

Can't even fly my Tac or Sci nowadays... I get such useless pugs that I feel like I have to fly my Eng/Cruiser if I watch the match to last longer than 3 minutes.

lots of new players during my time slot. lots of GREEN players.

sometimes i see sparks of good piloting out of them...

but most of the time im turning their hulls into flaming sparks. and since ive been flying my engie/defiant mostly lately it does take a little longer....as i work on getting some kind of damage out of an engineer.

have fun scare new fishies outa the pool.

Archived Post 11-29-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
and since ive been flying my engie/defiant mostly lately it does take a little longer....as i work on getting some kind of damage out of an engineer.

I have a lot of fun screwing around with my eng/defiant and making klingons whine in kerrat. The burst is certainly limited, but that just means it takes a little longer to take out klinks. Sometimes it's just five additional seconds, other times it's an extra minute or two, depending upon the pilot I'm up against. Extended 1v1s against a BoP or raptor are very fun. Unfortunately, a klink that got annoyed by my tanking & running ability wouldn't 1v1 with me last night. Ironic, since I'm used to klinks making 1v1 challenges in kerrat and the feds making the excuses. Odd to see the opposite scenario.

Sometimes when kerrat is mostly full of klinks, it's just fun to see how long I can last against 3 or 5 of them if I don't feel like running against those odds.

I gotta say, EPS power transfer is good at keeping weapons power levels high, while boosting all other subsystems. Almost makes up for not having any captain abilities that buff your damage or debuff your opponent's resistance. Almost. Nadion is a poor man's version of it which at least keeps weapons power up while EPS is on cool down.