Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Dilithium Exchange - WARNING! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=242588)

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:45 AM

Dilithium Exchange - WARNING!

(This warning assumes the build currently sat on Tribble is the one going to Holodeck later today.)

Be very careful if you are using the Dilithium Exchange to relist previously traded C-Points; as Sell Orders do not deduct from the C-Point Exchange Balance. Instead, Sell Orders are always deducted from the generic Personal balance shared with Champions Online, even if C-Points exist in the Exchange balance.

Example of bug
If you buy 500 STO-locked C-Points with Dilithium and have 1600 points in your Personal Balance to use on Champions Online; reselling the 500 STO C-Points will take another 500 points from your Personal Balance. Leaving you with 1100 points available to Champions Online, and the original 500 STO-locked points in your Exchange Balance. The other 500 points can be withdrawn into your Personal Balance, but these points will remain locked to STO.

Buying and Selling Dilithium deducts from the Exchange Balance first, not the Personal Balance. This is the expected result, and the opposite of how C-Store points are currently traded.

Workaround
If you want to sell C-Points from your Exchange Balance, you must ALWAYS withdraw them into your Personal Balance first. It is hoped any STO-locked points will be used first, leaving generic points available to spend on Champions Online. Of course, there's been no way to prove this on Tribble.

The bug was raised a month ago, and has not been acknowledged so far. (Also raised in TTS channel, but bug reporting directly from Tribble no longer works reliably in this build.)

Whether this was deliberate or not is debatable. After all, a team only gets revenue from C-Points when they're locked to a particular game.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeathenStorm (Post 3882696)
(This warning assumes the build currently sat on Tribble is the one going to Holodeck later today.)

Whether this was deliberate or not is debatable. After all, a team only gets revenue from C-Points when they're locked to a particular game.

My guess is its intentional. based off your statement it would be logical to do so. Personally they need to only use what you have slotted into the exchange balance and make you actively transfer points in to fund as needed so that YOU control your C points Vs them.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 07:47 AM

so... not a problem if i only play STO and not champions... ?

ok

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeathenStorm (Post 3882696)

Be very careful if you are using the Dilithium Exchange to relist previously traded C-Points; as Sell Orders do not deduct from the C-Point Exchange Balance. Instead, Sell Orders are always deducted from the generic Personal balance shared with Champions Online, even if C-Points exist in the Exchange balance.

Example of bug
If you buy 500 STO-locked C-Points with Dilithium and have 1600 points in your Personal Balance to use on Champions Online; reselling the 500 STO C-Points will take another 500 points from your Personal Balance. Leaving you with 1100 points available to Champions Online, and the original 500 STO-locked points in your Exchange Balance. The other 500 points can be withdrawn into your Personal Balance, but these points will remain locked to STO.

Buying and Selling Dilithium deducts from the Exchange Balance first, not the Personal Balance. This is the expected result, and the opposite of how C-Store points are currently traded.

Workaround
If you want to sell C-Points from your Exchange Balance, you must ALWAYS withdraw them into your Personal Balance first. It is hoped any STO-locked points will be used first, leaving generic points available to spend on Champions Online. Of course, there's been no way to prove this on Tribble.

The bug was raised a month ago, and has not been acknowledged so far. (Also raised in TTS channel, but bug reporting directly from Tribble no longer works reliably in this build.)

This behavior is a side effect of the way our account server handles currency chaining. It is something I would like to fix but is somewhat complicated, so I'm not sure exactly when it will happen.

We don't get to recognize the revenue for C-points on our team until they are actually spent in the C-Store. Just moving the points into our game doesn't count.

Also I can confirm that STO specific points are always used before generic c-points that can be used for all games.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:51 AM

Ha...even the dev's avatar is facepalming!

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehpic (Post 3883080)
This behavior is a side effect of the way our account server handles currency chaining. It is something I would like to fix but is somewhat complicated, so I'm not sure exactly when it will happen.

We don't get to recognize the revenue for C-points on our team until they are actually spent in the C-Store. Just moving the points into our game doesn't count.

Also I can confirm that STO specific points are always used before generic c-points that can be used for all games.

So, if I use the DL/CP Exchange system as intended by Cryptic, does that mean that when I sell CP's and buy Dilithium, this will automatically (and always) use up my STO points first and foremost and then warn me if I'm using my general CP's before I'm about to tap into them?

Because if not, we've got a problem!

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordOfPit (Post 3883099)
So, if I use the DL/CP Exchange system as intended by Cryptic, does that mean that when I sell CP's and buy Dilithium, this will automatically (and always) use up my STO points first and foremost and then warn me if I'm using my general CP's before I'm about to tap into them?

Because if not, we've got a problem!

I think it will only do so and work as desired if you have no CP's in the exchange balance. For this reason, if you buy CP's on the exchange, or place an order to sell CP's and then cancel it, you're best to always immediately transfer those CP's back out of the exchange balance. Then they're back where the system can take your STO points first for your next trade.

As far as the warning goes, it's always presented so that doesn't help.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:30 AM

This thread needs closed, hell I would delete it if I was Cryptic.

For one it reads as if it is official at a bad time and it is in the wrong forum if it is a bug it should be in tribble forum.

I also disagree, it is not a bug and should not have been stated as such. Only developers should be able to claim something is a bug for sure, in the main forums, thats my opinion.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:32 AM

Does not help when a dev replies as if it needs a "fix" either. Boy its brave considering the traffic in here during downtime and the fact this is a new system we're talking about.

We all know how annoyed people get at the thought of long awaited content having issues already! :eek:

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zypher2011
This thread needs closed, hell I would delete it if I was Cryptic.

For one it reads as if it is official at a bad time and it is in the wrong forum if it is a bug it should be in tribble forum.

I also disagree, it is not a bug and should not have been stated as such. Only developers should be able to claim something is a bug for sure, in the main forums, thats my opinion.

So, if I'm reading your point correctly, only Devs can acknowledge something is a bug...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Does not help when a dev replies as if it needs a "fix" either. Boy its brave considering the traffic in here during downtime and the fact this is a new system we're talking about.

We all know how annoyed people get at the thought of long awaited content having issues already! :eek:

So, in other words when a Dev comes in and says essentially. "Yes, it's a bug, and it's something we'd like to fix but can't right now...""

That doesn't help the sitiation? Wow.