Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   One shotted by a warbird (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=242617)

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:24 AM

One shotted by a warbird

The other day on tribble i was playing the hobus mission (forget the actual name of the mission) and after finding the reman shield on hobus 1 you have to fight the reman warbird again. It grabbed me in a tractor beam and one shotted me with a spread of plasma torpedoes. It was AWESOME! :D

That puts the fear of a warbird in you. Many normal missions such as exploration are fairly easy even on advanced. This was not. It took planning and a fair degree of tactics on advanced to defeat the reman warbird in my sci ship. So I wanted to say thanks and a job well done!

While there may be a few scaling issues with playing on advanced and ground combat, especially against the klingons. (read: I got my Boffs handed to me several times) It is all quite doable and fun. The only point of contention I have is when doing exploration missions and the final group of npcs on a ship map smacks you down hard you respawn at the start and have to run all the way back just to get smacked down once or twice more. Any chance of a respawn closer to the end on those maps?

Still, loving the game!

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:25 AM

Yup, It has happened to me as well.

One bite snack for the warbird.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:42 AM

Bah! Warbirds are no match for my Excelsior-class ship!

Now, if you excuse me, I need to figure out which side this nacelle came from....

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meslamtea
While there may be a few scaling issues with playing on advanced and ground combat, especially against the klingons.

Klingons? Dahar Masters are bad news but everything else dies after stepping into two level 3 minefields. Don't get me started on Remans however...

That's the problem though. 99% of the space fights are so easy you never have to use Brace For Impact, etc, so you are not even mentally prepared for it. I love D'deridex. Viral Matrix, Tractor Beam, Photonic Shockwave, Beam Overload, Torpedo Spread and triple High Yield. THAT's what a battleship should do.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 08:46 AM

Heavy torpedoes being hard to hit has really made those Warbirds deadly. They also seem to have made them faster, so even after hitting evasives there's still a bit of pressure to shoot them down in time.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

The other day on tribble i was playing the hobus mission (forget the actual name of the mission) and after finding the reman shield on hobus 1 you have to fight the reman warbird again. It grabbed me in a tractor beam and one shotted me with a spread of plasma torpedoes. It was AWESOME! :D

That puts the fear of a warbird in you. Many normal missions such as exploration are fairly easy even on advanced. This was not. It took planning and a fair degree of tactics on advanced to defeat the reman warbird in my sci ship. So I wanted to say thanks and a job well done!

While there may be a few scaling issues with playing on advanced and ground combat, especially against the klingons. (read: I got my Boffs handed to me several times) It is all quite doable and fun. The only point of contention I have is when doing exploration missions and the final group of npcs on a ship map smacks you down hard you respawn at the start and have to run all the way back just to get smacked down once or twice more. Any chance of a respawn closer to the end on those maps?

Still, loving the game!

I see this as a positive thing also. I don't understand players who expect never to be destroyed, being blown up is sort of like showing the Federation is at war. When you spawn your just another ship thats how it feels to me.

So bring on the tough bosses on elite I say :)

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:37 AM

that's nothing. A few months ago I one shotted a dev (as one of those EMH's) on tribble.
Then he rained disaster on us.
I did the honorable thing and beamed out.......

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:51 AM

Yes, that Warbird gave my tribble leveling toons are good time too. ^^ Especially when we couldn't afford to upgrade our ships to the appropriate tier.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Still, loving the game!

If you like being one shotted just wait till you try any of the revamped STFs on Elite.

Space battles go a little something like this:

Tactical Cube , Tractor Beam, flash of light and re-spawn :eek:

Archived Post 12-01-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nynik
Yes, that Warbird gave my tribble leveling toons are good time too. ^^ Especially when we couldn't afford to upgrade our ships to the appropriate tier.

Don't remind me. Night of the Comet final fight, level 18, common weapons... and Miranda.