Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Subscription Sale (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=242666)

Archived Post 12-01-2011 11:40 AM

Subscription Sale

Recurring Subscriptions are now on sale for %15 off normal prices, and Lifetime sales may now be purchased for $100 off the normal price, from now until December 18th, 2011.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:02 PM

That is a pretty good deal. With the new feature matrix, paying monthly does not make much sense. Buy a lifetime subscription or convert to silver. If you want the lifetime, Cryptic looks like they need some upfront capital, so now is probably as good a time as any.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:05 PM

I JUST renewed my sub like an hour ago before the sale went up. Do I get this rate since you've billed my card already?!?

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:06 PM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:09 PM

I got my lifetime sub ($199.99) when the game first started in Jan 2010. It has more then paid for itself in just over a year. Glad to see teh $199 deal back again. This is a really good deal for people.

I just hope that Cryptic keeps up with new content....

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:13 PM

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at this feeble attempt at fooling new players in to paying you for nothing in return.

If we the long standing supporters of STO get ignored, don't think your opinion will be worth anything. All they want is your money per month and from micro transaction to be able to play. But wait, isn't that micro transaction for Silver players that play for free. No, you have to pay for the same things as a Gold players so no point in subscribing not buying a lifetime at this point.

Now if Cryptic changes their take on how to treat paying subscribers, that might change. So stay tuned and be vocal.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:37 PM

Does that mean we all get lower prices if we already Pay to Play? Or do we have to cancel and re-up?

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:53 PM

Thanks Stormy. Will there be any rebate for those who have multiple months left on a multi-month sub if they convert to lifetime? A pro-rated fee or a conversion of the remaining balance to c-store points would make the offer much more enticing.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 12:55 PM

Usual warning to non-US players here.

The price quoted does not include VAT, so add an extra 20% on top. You won't actually be charged for the VAT until you've agreed on the base price, so buyer beware.

As the Lifetime is still a sizable lump of money, the VAT will make a difference and could push accounts over the edge this close to the holiday season.

Archived Post 12-01-2011 01:15 PM

Thanks Stormy! As you might remember, the lifetime sub was exactly what I was looking for!