Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   New Idea for C-Store (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=242924)

Archived Post 12-02-2011 10:01 AM

New Idea for C-Store

I know this may seem a bit unfair to others and a bit radical, but I think it will boost membership and help to keep those that are subscribers from going FTP.
With the removal of the VA tokens it is now a need to buy the retrofits. Instead of Gold Memebers having to go through and buy each and everyone, maybe it would be a good idea to do a bundle at a discounted price for Gold Members, and make it unavailable to Silver members, or for a larger price. I think this would balance out nicely and you would see a temporary boost in sales, and in the end possibly in all.
A few "Gold Member only" items in C-store would promote people into paying for gold, as well as give a bit of an edge.
But this may just be a suggestion from a raving lunatic.

Archived Post 12-02-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragreder (Post 3885790)
I know this may seem a bit unfair to others and a bit radical, but I think it will boost membership and help to keep those that are subscribers from going FTP.
With the removal of the VA tokens it is now a need to buy the retrofits. Instead of Gold Memebers having to go through and buy each and everyone, maybe it would be a good idea to do a bundle at a discounted price for Gold Members, and make it unavailable to Silver members, or for a larger price. I think this would balance out nicely and you would see a temporary boost in sales, and in the end possibly in all.
A few "Gold Member only" items in C-store would promote people into paying for gold, as well as give a bit of an edge.
But this may just be a suggestion from a raving lunatic.

Not a bad idea, but one of the things that has been mentioned by devs (no source on hand, sorry) is that doing so opens the C-Store to exploitation. A Silver member would pay $15 for a month to become Gold, and then take advantage of "Gold Only" specials, before lapsing back to Silver at the end of the month.

I know one idea that players have vocalized (again no links. no time to dig them up :o) is that these "Gold Only" ideas be linked to vet rewards, thereby requiring to have subscribed for X number of days to prevent exploitation.

Archived Post 12-02-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianBandgeek (Post 3885917)
Not a bad idea, but one of the things that has been mentioned by devs (no source on hand, sorry) is that doing so opens the C-Store to exploitation. A Silver member would pay $15 for a month to become Gold, and then take advantage of "Gold Only" specials, before lapsing back to Silver at the end of the month.

I know one idea that players have vocalized (again no links. no time to dig them up :o) is that these "Gold Only" ideas be linked to vet rewards, thereby requiring to have subscribed for X number of days to prevent exploitation.

Yeah, I've heard the exact same things.

Archived Post 12-02-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianBandgeek (Post 3885917)

Except that the gold members he is talking about are the lifetime subscribers who pay $300 in one shot.