Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   EVENTS: Yeah sorry im not living in the US (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243077)

Archived Post 12-03-2011 01:44 AM

EVENTS: Yeah sorry im not living in the US

The Events sure do punish you for not being US citizen, because every time the interesting ones happen, like shooting mirror universe people, most of us non Americans cant play beceuase the events fall into the time of day where we have to work/school/essentially everything but sit in front of our pc.

Cryptic, you need to have concurrently running event schedules that offer a variety of choices at every opportunity so that people can pick an event that, you know, they like. Oh and because you should place the mirror universe Fleet actions at several spots of the day.
not just once.

Free to play works better if you do not **** on the rest off the world.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 02:05 AM

I have to disagree with you. While the schedule could probably be tweaked a little, most of the events run two or three times a day. I'm in Europe and at least one run of the events suits me well.

I also want to say that I love how the event times are displayed in my local time. :)

Archived Post 12-03-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassehans (Post 3887227)
I have to disagree with you. While the schedule could probably be tweaked a little, most of the events run two or three times a day. I'm in Europe and at least one run of the events suits me well.

I also want to say that I love how the event times are displayed in my local time. :)

Doesn't help those of us in the GMT+10 (Australia/Asia) part of the world.

I agree with the OP... Time of day events that benefit those close to the server are just a pain.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 02:56 AM

That's funny I'm an American and I can't get to the events due to work ect. .. that said I do know from experiance on tribble that the events run several times a day and the event times get staggered over the course of a week or so.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassehans (Post 3887227)

What, the, heck?!

So it works for YOU and everyone else can go screw themselves? You sit in front of that screen too much.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 03:52 AM

The events are on a 10hr loop so they'll all roll round to your play time at some point.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandrake45
The events are on a 10hr loop so they'll all roll round to your play time at some point.

Good to know. Now if only I could plan my schedule around STO's event wheel coming round, so I can arrange to be playing when the events are in my available timeslots.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandrake45

oh for gods sake.....

just have several events instead of just one. make it a nice mixture, give people choice.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claydermunch (Post 3887300)
oh for gods sake.....

just have several events instead of just one. make it a nice mixture, give people choice.

going on that line of logic, why not just get rid of events and have them available 24/7?

Archived Post 12-03-2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716 (Post 3887301)
going on that line of logic, why not just get rid of events and have them available 24/7?

you are jumping to extremes.

These events are clearly meant to have more people herded into certain activities, i suppose to make sure there are people around so the areas do not look like deserted wastelands.

I have nothing against that.

What i have something against is when a game that expects me to, you know, spend money on it actually tries to schedule my time.

I have not asked to have al levents at any time.

I clearly said: make sure you have concurrent events to give choice and place them around the time spectrum.

so when there is a crafting even, you you should also have another option to choose from.