Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Now it's your turn Cryptic ! ! ! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243090)

Archived Post 12-03-2011 03:32 AM

Now it's your turn Cryptic ! ! !

Yesterday during c&h match my klingon team caught player from - as they called themselves "top STO fleet" - on using warp plasma. It's nothing weird right? But he was in Intrepid! Yeah, yeah, yeah he was using " 2 commandors" exploit. Everything is documented. :confused:

When I asked him about that publicly, he admitted that this is true and that he found this exploit by accident after new patch. He swore that it was 1st time. Maybe if he used less visible power like EP to Shields 3, AUX to SIF 3, I bet no one would notice nothing.

Well, I'm obserwing his fleet since long time and I knew that he was lying because 1 day before my team caught him on using Photonick Shock Weave on.... Raptor. Since when Raptor pilot can use PSW?
Few minutes after all mess with explaining that he was only joking with that setup, his buddy wrote a new thread - in short, I will describe his post as “We are leaving because this game is full of bugs and exploits”. Oh I bet it was just another coincidence. Right?

Player which I'm writing about is well known smartass and I like him...but if he lied about that last time, he was using “voldemort” exploit, how can we be sure that he or his fleet mates don't use this s**t more often? Now I don't belive them at all.

Something's wrong with PVP since long time. We can't blame new season. For example - few weeks ago in Kerrat we saw BOP with Cannon Rapid Fire 3 and....AP Omega 3 or, on some arena match, dude in Nebula with FAW 3 and AP Delta 3.
Two weeks ago I found in my inventory bridge officer so I made little experiment and sent him via mail to another toon (everything is documented).

Do I blame people for using exploits? NO – I blame Cryptic of all these loopholes in the software, they allowing some smart players using unfair tricks. Come on, honestly - how many of you would not be tempted and use tricks to be better than others?

Beacuse of this mess people keep accusing each other of cheats and exploits. Many players are leaving the matches against organized groups and “top fleets”. Why? Because they think they're too good for them and fighting against them is big challenge? No, I don't think so.

Cryptic you must realize that PVP in this game is very important for many, many people. We pay money to fight against other players in space. Poor PVP content and bugs / exploits only push people away from the game. So please Cryptic fix all these bugs and exploits and let us enjoy this game. Good PVP content and fair rules for everybody = more money for you guys and happy customers. It's very simple. :)

Archived Post 12-03-2011 04:54 AM

Voldemort old school is very active. Its likely that it never was fixed.

Yeah Jakub I heard of other players from this so called top pvp fleet using that. This only makes me more convinced.

But given that fleets history, its not that big of a surprise right ?

Archived Post 12-03-2011 05:08 AM

But... PVP is very important to our new owners. I don't doubt it, what with all of the shiny pay to wins floating around out there. Obviously some of us, myself included, take this whole thing far too seriously. If the creators don't care then why do we? I personally have never seen Voldemort anywhere other than screenshots (it's possible I just never realized what I was seeing). I don't think Voldy Jr is in use quite to the degree its being suggested (but it's still around). Maybe I have a display bug that is preventing me from displaying these bugs:(. Now I feel even more cheated.

I was wrong before. Factional imbalances aren't just in our heads. The whole damned game is and that means we are nucking futz. We'd have to be to keep putting up with this garbage.

Also, I hear Quad Cannons are over powered (lawl).

Archived Post 12-03-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidemand82 (Post 3887324)
But given that fleets history, its not that big of a surprise right ?

........yeah

Archived Post 12-03-2011 06:11 AM

Enough with the coded ****. Name and shame them. It should be worth getting an infraction over it, especially if they keep doing it.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 07:38 AM

This was a much longer post detailing the things I've witnessed in pvp. Why bother really? It isn't like this is a surprise that people like to exploit. It is a shame that they are allowed to exist and even prosper in the game as in life. Maybe it gets taken care of, most likely not.

Archived Post 12-03-2011 08:02 AM

Quoting myself from a thread I posted yesterday.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=242870

Quote:

Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 (Post 3885142)
I tryed bug reporting this already but it didnt work. The tickets timed out, so I guess I just have to post it here.

Somehow my Veteran Engineering Boff ended up in my Defiant Refit's Science Slot.
I can't actually use his powers from there, but I ended up with Viral Matrix III and Tykens Rift II on my skill bar.
I can use the powers too as you can see in the screenshot.
Unfortunatly I am not sure how it happend, and I hope somebody else can shed some light on this, otherwise that bug could mess up PvP balance by a bit.

Things I did before it happend, were giving away another Science Officer by Trade to free up a spot (who was currently in my Science Slot), visting the Tailor, visiting the skill trainer for both training this Boff and another Science One, and finally logging off.
I'm not actually sure what of it caused it, but logging on today I noticed this:

http://defiantsquadron.net/files/pics/tempss.jpg

Thank you to Mikey for letting me test it on him and not turning it into a cheater accusation rage-fest, like some other people have.
And not following it up by boasting about ones own skill ... Oh ... wait. :D

Archived Post 12-03-2011 08:35 AM

Voldamort is a bug that has been plaguing STO in so many shapes and forms. Some that have been brushed aside as a "Display Bug". Others keep popping up and getting "squashed" only to pop BACK up again. It's a small wonder that the game hasn't become, in the PVP and PVE fields of the game, nothing but Voldamort. Just imagine how much eaiser it would be to beat an STF in space if everyone just Voldamorted.. PVP matches would become ridiculous.

Cryptic, if you really want this game balanced and improved, FIX THIS BUG for GOOD! Other wise when F2P comes out, it will grow so out of hand that you might lose even the Lifetimers that have served you well enough. :mad:

Archived Post 12-03-2011 09:15 AM

Cryptic please fix these exploits you have ignored pvp for so long now and it is about time you step up and do something about this

Archived Post 12-03-2011 09:39 AM

And this is why I'm finally quitting this sorry excuse for a game.

I'm tired of constantly fighting the horribly uphill battle of pvp vs pve and rp.

I'm tired of constantly seeing new game-breaking bugs/exploits.

I'm tired of constantly revisiting old bugs/exploits that the devs claimed to have fixed.

I'm tired of constantly wondering if the latest person to get "caught" exploiting was just doing it on accident because they didn't know better because its SO RIDICULOUSLY EASY to reproduce some of these exploits without even knowing what causes them.

I'm tired of constantly being accused of heal spamming or damage spamming or proc spamming when the only thing I'm spamming is TEAMWORK.

I'm tired of constantly getting called a hacker/sploiter just because the person I killed doesn't understand the game.

and MOST OF ALL...

I'm tired of all you people! :p

DISCLAIMER: I'm not actually tired of all you people, I hope to see most of you in TOR.

...except mikey...