Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   CRYPTIC PvE GAMEPLAY FAIL! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243463)

Archived Post 12-05-2011 06:42 PM

CRYPTIC PvE GAMEPLAY FAIL!

i have had a serious game play issue for the last 6 weeks now
i have filed 5 in game bug/gm request tickets
each ticket is marked as successful and given a ticket number
i have also logged 2 tickets in on the cryptic STO site requesting help for this issue

in 6 weeks i have recieved NO RESPONSE or even an ACKNOWLEDGMENT of my issue
in fact although my reports are marked as successful and given a ticket number, there is no record of any of my 6 tickets pertaining to this problem in the "my tickets" ui

my computer exceeds the posted minimum requirements of STO
in many technical areas my computer exceeds the posted recommended hardware/software for STO

my computer NEVER crashes or freezes for ANY other application, gaming or other.

my computer uses up to date Mcafee AV, has a top notch registry cleaner, and i run my own network with its own firewalls and ip4 subnet

my computer and network are clean as a whistle and never have a problem except for STO space combat.
i have 2 computers and a PS3 on my network and never have a problem with any other application

THE ISSUE:

every 2-3 times i am involved in STO space combat my computer freezes with a black, orange, or green screen (green when fighting borg)

this started with PVP, but now the bug/freeze occurs in space PvP, space PvE, and borg red alerts.
my computer remains on, but is unresponsive, with a monocolor screen, and has to be rebooted.

when i re-enter the game i am always destroyed and often in sector space but sometimes in the space combat zone.

normally when STO detects a disconnection it promts a save mode start up option to place you in sector space.
when i return after this freeze this option is not there.

in a 4-5 hour gaming session this freeze occurs 2-3 times and is very disruptive for PvP team play, and red alerts!

i have been playing STO since 2 weeks after launch, i am a gold member who shells out 70 bucks every 90 days, and i have invested hundreds of dollars in the C-Store.

i have spent too much money and patience on this game to be ignored or mistreated by the cryptic staff.

i am NOT going to quit and/or go away.

I DEMAND TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED BY CRYPTIC!

i demand that at least an attempt be made to investigate and resolve my issue!

cryptic customer service and support is the gold standard of "epic fail" and unprofessionalism.
to go 6+ weeks without any acknowledgment of a MAJOR bug/issue just shows how innattentive and amatuer cryptic studios actual is!

this thread is one of MANY atempts to cut through cryptics never ending red tape to get someone with a pulse to look at my issue and show the least bit of courtesy and professionalism.

as such, player postings and comments are welcome, but not sought after.

i am looking for anyone in the cryptic staff to show the least bit of interest in customer service!

even if its just a moderator dishing out SPAM warnings.

at least that would be some sort of progress...

Archived Post 12-06-2011 01:36 AM

as a previous tech support agent-not for cryptic, so dont take this as gospel-it sounds like you are having some issue with either your hardware or video drivers, or directx or something else that cant be supported by cryptic, who only can support the software of their game. im sure theres some very bright people working for their tech support department, but they wouldnt be able to train all their workforce on every permutation of hardware and software you could have so they could support something they arent getting paid for. best you could hope for is someone on the phone with you while you mess with your settings, check for updates, and really hold your hand while you do stuff you could do on your own, researching on the internet about your issue. i know no one likes to hear this but its what it is.

every business has customers they cannot help because its something they basically dont know about. and the customers, upset and not knowing where to turn, take it out on the business, thinking theyre the only one that can help.

IF this is that kind of issue, please calm down and check out your computer, your drivers, and all other third party software, making sure everything is compatible and up to date, then check your in-game settings, and see if changing anything resolves the issue. i heard the post-processing setting can do something like this. do not take shortcuts, make sure everything is how it should be. hell, even check the monitor.

i only post this because while i was at my previous job as a tech support agent, i got calls like this all the time and guess what fixes it? power cycling. seriously, no tech needed, no in-depth troubleshooting, just turning stuff on and off. people get worked up when something doesnt work, they cant do the simple steps to fix it. i apologize if this post just exacerbates the problem, but i do hope this issue gets resolved, both for d-rek's and cryptic's sake

Archived Post 12-06-2011 08:30 AM

hello :)
yeah i use to be help desk too, but its been a while, now i have another job, cus it pays a little better!
but i welcome any helpful feedback :D

as usual, i am blown away by how awesome the STO community is...
you guys have given me some great tips, even though i have already explored many of these things prior to posting this thread on the forums :(

i was hoping by spamming the forums with my issue that someone, anyone, from cryptic would acknowledge my problem.
however no such luck. cryptic game support EPIC FAILS

the minimum they could do is blow me off and say "this isnt our problem" but they wont even do that... :/

BUT... i suspected that there is a 50-50 chnce this is my computer and not cryptic.

however this problem has only showed up in the last 6 weeks.
i have been playing STO on this laptop or 2 years now with no such issue.

i am GUESSING it COULD be my GPU overheating, although i have already turned down my graphics to medium levels over a year ago.
about a year ago i also set the dynamic lighting and many other settigns down, just to put frame-rate loss down to manageable levels.

for those of you who are interested here is this laptops specs:
(note its not top of the line but it doesnt suck)

CPU - AMD tuion 2.2 Ghz
RAM - 4GB DDR3
GPU - radeon ATI 3250 (this is a little weak but not impossible to work with)
VIRTUAL RAM - originally set at 7 Gig, but i changed it to 15 GB about 6 months ago
HDD - 500 GB
HDD available - 300GB
Internet download speed - 12-18 MB/sec
Internet upload speed - 1-2 MB/sec

NOTE: i NEVER play without my double fan CHILL MAT

although not alien ware, my 'puter should be able to handle the game, and on medium graphics levels, used to play it quite well.
i suppose i could set the graphics in game even lower but then the game would be much less fun to play.
i have been toying with the idea of opening the laptop (since its already past warrentee) and just giving it a throrough cleaning.

hopefully, if this is my issue, and not a cruptic bug, that maybe the vents for the fan system are blocked.

but i am SO dissappointed that cryptic takes virtually no interest in player problems, even if it is just to say "not our problem"

HOWEVER, i am, as always, blown away by the helpfullness and support of the STO player community!

thank you all so much,

D the angry klingon!