Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 5, 2011: Late night Edition (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243495)

Archived Post 12-05-2011 09:51 PM

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 5, 2011: Late night Edition

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111119a.19

General:
  • Players will no longer randomly be transported to DS9 at the whim of Q.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented players from creating private queues in some cases.
  • City on the Edge of Never: Updated some of the enemy groups on the USS Kirk Deck C to be more in line with the difficulty of the other groups.
  • Kuvah’Magh: updated the Regulus IV Planet Surface so the Klingons working on bombs are now using correct animations.

Powers:
  • Updated Astrometric Duty Officer active roster bonus and the Tier 3 Excelsior Transwarp Coil passive bonus to properly reduce the cooldown for Transwarp abilities.
  • Updated the Starship Inertial Dampener skill and Starship Sensors skill so they now give you improved resistance.
  • Improved the description on the Inertial Dampeners skill.
  • Updated all ground weapons so they cannot be used while stealth mode is activated, like all other weapons.
  • Renamed the space “Dampening Field” to “Scattering Field” so it is not to be confused with the ground Dampening Field.

Archived Post 12-05-2011 10:09 PM

Late night indeed. Thanks.

Archived Post 12-05-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
randomly be transported to DS9 at the whim of Q.

To be honest, I'm actually sad to see this particular bug go. It was kind of awesome. :D

Archived Post 12-06-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koppenflak
To be honest, I'm actually sad to see this particular bug go. It was kind of awesome. :D

It reminds me of the awesome beta bug that made the tribbles get larger the more they were petted.

Archived Post 12-06-2011 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streakfury (Post 3891151)
It reminds me of the awesome beta bug that made the tribbles get larger the more they were petted.

I dont think that was a bug, I can think of lots of things that get larger when you pet them.........other than tribbles i mean.....ya know like Hortas.......ok....I'll shut up now.....:rolleyes:

Archived Post 12-06-2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111119a.19
  • Renamed the space “Dampening Field” to “Scattering Field” so it is not to be confused with the ground Dampening Field.

Why change the name? In Star Trek, "Dampening Fields" are used in both space and on the ground, and as such should act similarly, thou obviously in a lesser/greater area (which is exactly what it's like ingame right now).

Archived Post 12-06-2011 04:21 AM

Yes but in programming it is also very confusing. In later Star Trek these two things are interchangeable for any plot device that prevents or muddles pretty much whatever the writer wants.