Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fleet Uniform/Emblem Editing Tools Does Not Work Properly Anymore? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243508)

Archived Post 12-06-2011 02:07 AM

Fleet Uniform/Emblem Editing Tools Does Not Work Properly Anymore?

Any dev's or STO in-game Fleet leaders who's done Fleet uniforms/Emblem design/editing know why we can't change/modify our fleet uniforms or even just change emblem designs within the "Change Fleet Emblem" button from the in-game mini-map selection of "Fleet"?

I keep getting this pop-up msg box from within the "Change Fleet Emblem" after clicking "purchase" from having modified fleet emblem designs:

[ " Your outfit requires purchasing one or more outfit packs. These must be purchased individually using Cryptic points. Please press the "Buy" button next to each item. When that is done, pressing "OK" will spend the in-game currency.

Outfit changes ................. ( costs of changes in energy credits here, for e.g.: 400 e/c's) " ]

Before anyone thinks I left something out or did it wrong or forgot something, let me just anticipate what u may ask from thinking such thoughts by just listing the checklist of what I made sure of to do before clicking purchase.

- Yes, I have the fleet permission to edit/change Fleet uniform/emblem checked.
- Yes, I carefully make sure all the uniform articles chosen were generic( from default names or basic ones given free from Cryptic of those u don't have to buy, like e.g. Sierra, etc. ) to make sure new members not needing to buy anything to put on our fleet uniform.
- Yes, I've done the fleet uniform/emblem editing before for this fleet from last time, which was in Season 2. I've done this before and had no problem back then.

- Yes, I tried deleting the lowest rank fleet uniform, and creating a new basic/default( no purchase necessary ) uniform without ranks/comm-badges selected, and using that as default to try simply changing fleet emblem a few more attempts and tried clicking "purchase" button again, but still same pop-up msg box as given above.

Anyone got any idea what's going on with our "Fleet Uniform/Emblem" editing tools within STO?

I mean, is it under the "Underconstruction / Revamp" radar of Cryptic's "To Do" list, or am I missing something about this?

Btw, there's no "Delete" option given like before to delete a saved uniform/emblem changes from the saved uniform listing. There's only 'Save/Load', which doesn't even work for new emblem designs, for example. What gives?

( Note: I've been playing this game as Lifetime member since STO launched in Feb. of 2010, so I do know how these stuffs suppose to work like it used to in prior seasons, just to give u some ideas that I've been around in this game amongst other career-lifer members. )

Archived Post 12-06-2011 03:19 AM

hermmmm

When you are editing the fleet emblem you will see the save/load/purchase buttons on the bottom...this is apparently a bug where it crosses into the tailor settings for some reason.

In between the buttons in the middle of the bottom of the screen you have to click the mouse in the center bottom in between the buttons on the bottom for it to save. Almost like a window pop up over the save button.

If you click in the middle of the 2 bottom buttons it should save and your emblem is changed. You really have to stare at the bottom of the screen when your in the emblem edit screen to see what I mean. It does work.....yet it took me a day and 1100 C-points to figure out what was going on.

Bugged? You betcha!

One of many....

Archived Post 12-06-2011 06:58 AM

It was listed as a known issue on the December 1st Release notes as a known issue:

Players are unable to save changes to Fleet Emblem.

Archived Post 12-06-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xceptionzero (Post 3891420)
It was listed as a known issue on the December 1st Release notes as a known issue:

Players are unable to save changes to Fleet Emblem.

I managed to with just what i described above....its like a window over the save button is all, click in between the purchase and whatever the other button is on the bottom and it should do the trick...

worked for me anyhoo...

Archived Post 12-06-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castogere (Post 3891206)
When you are editing the fleet emblem you will see the save/load/purchase buttons on the bottom...this is apparently a bug where it crosses into the tailor settings for some reason.

In between the buttons in the middle of the bottom of the screen you have to click the mouse in the center bottom in between the buttons on the bottom for it to save. Almost like a window pop up over the save button.

If you click in the middle of the 2 bottom buttons it should save and your emblem is changed. You really have to stare at the bottom of the screen when your in the emblem edit screen to see what I mean. It does work.....yet it took me a day and 1100 C-points to figure out what was going on.

Bugged? You betcha!

One of many....

Thanks a bunch, castogere! Thanks to your determined tanacity to discover the loophole around that bug 'cause I spent about an hour or so trying to figure what's going on with that and figured it was one of those 'known bugs' that's on Cryptic's long list of "To Do's", me guessed. Much appreciate the work you've done and the sharing of info's 'cause it worked!