Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Winter Package / random item games (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243874)

Archived Post 12-08-2011 11:02 AM

Winter Package / random item games
 
I have to say, Cryptic. This is a new low for you.

C-store is one thing, I understand the need for extra revenue. I've even purchased a lot of stuff from the cstore. ships, costumes, etc. But this new RIG just makes me mad. Why? Because everything on there is attainable through other means, except the Jem'hadar ship.


Why is that so bad? Think about it. Many of us would be perfectly willing to pay 800-1600 CP's for a flyable Jem'hadar Attack Ship. Most of us have already purchased from the C-store.


so why put it in a random item game? Seriously... with all the other options you have available....



Please, I'm begging you. Stop listening to Perfect World's "advice" on how to run an MMO. You, and they, are ruining this game.

Archived Post 12-08-2011 11:08 AM

What I'm wondering is if we have to be of the correct rank to get the ship or if some of my lower level characters have a chance.

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

What I'm wondering is if we have to be of the correct rank to get the ship or if some of my lower level characters have a chance.
logically I would think that given the rank requirements it wouldn't make sense for it to be possible for a player to unlock the ship unless they were the appropriate rank.....at the very least thats how how I would code it if I was the one designing the system

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:21 PM

Random, get out of here Craptic.

Ive heard some have allready brought 40 odd boxes and not ogt one ship, sounds another con to me.

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes85 (Post 3895972)
logically I would think that given the rank requirements it wouldn't make sense for it to be possible for a player to unlock the ship unless they were the appropriate rank.....at the very least thats how how I would code it if I was the one designing the system

You can get the ship box at any level and just keep it until you have reached the appropriate rank.

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fewzz (Post 3895991)
Random, get out of here Craptic.

Ive heard some have allready brought 40 odd boxes and not ogt one ship, sounds another con to me.


I got mine in 5, as well as the Holo Boff.

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:36 PM

If the odds are 1/100, the expected cost of the ship is 10,000 points. And it is quite likely the odds are worse than that.

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius
If the odds are 1/100, the expected cost of the ship is 10,000 points. And it is quite likely the odds are worse than that.

Or you donīt pay anything and just get gifts by playing in the wonderland. ;)

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:40 PM

im so bloody angry. what a rip off i spent 40Ģ on these boxes and nothing but junk everything in the boxes u can get from echange for a less than 50k.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is theft
:mad:

Archived Post 12-08-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur1
Or you donīt pay anything and just get gifts by playing in the wonderland. ;)

26 chances. Assume 100,000 people get 26 chances at 1/100 odds.

Chance of NOT getting a ship is (99/100)^26 = 77%, or 23% chance of getting one.

Since I doubt they want 23,000 people flying one, we can safely assume the odds are worse than 1/100.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 AM.