Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Any chance of this Cryptic? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=244330)

Archived Post 12-11-2011 05:01 AM

Any chance of this Cryptic?

selling our m.a.c.o/omega gear back to the vendors for EDC's back.

so we actually have a chance to test it all out before settling on a set/piece of equipment.

just to make it fair, you can only return an item once per piece. so you cant just get X ammount of EDC's and go and swap everytime.

or add some Doff missions so we can get extras EDC's (2day mission = 10 EDC. seems fair) without having to grind the same 3 missions over and over.

i'm allready bored of STF's over 100 runs in and still lots more to go if i ever want a full set of each.

anyway, just an idea dont know how others would feel about this.

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:33 AM

:( no replys *waaaaaaah*

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:36 AM

Maybe earn the currency then transfer to tribble/redshirt to use them to test?

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nynik
Maybe earn the currency then transfer to tribble/redshirt to use them to test?

yes, i know thats an option but most people dont even go on tribble. so its not really worth while for the masses.

i'm just thinking a week or two back it was actually fun playing STO again, but now its dragging its feet again. dunno maybe its just me :D

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:42 AM

Dare I say it..... yes I will.... You could do this on WoW with emblem gear, you had an hour I think to try it out before you could not sell it back to the same vendor for your emblems back. I have not been on WoW for a while so dont know if they still allow it but I see no reason why not.

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USSDelphin
Dare I say it..... yes I will.... You could do this on WoW with emblem gear, you had an hour I think to try it out before you could not sell it back to the same vendor for your emblems back. I have not been on WoW for a while so dont know if they still allow it but I see no reason why not.

Even that would be fantastic...an hour to "test" what you got would be awesome.

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:51 AM

Most content using emblem gear in wow would take more than 45 mins to do anyway (the lockout was 2 hours I believe and a raid could last 4 hours +). STFs in sto take... 20 mins - so people would constantly recycle their gear unless you did enforce a one time exchange only. The issue with one time exchanges is you end up with people who make mistakes and clog up the already defunct ticketing system further.

If you want to test something.... there is a testing server. Not much more to say on that really.

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Most content using emblem gear in wow would take more than 45 mins to do anyway (the lockout was 2 hours I believe and a raid could last 4 hours +). STFs in sto take... 20 mins - so people would constantly recycle their gear unless you did enforce a one time exchange only. The issue with one time exchanges is you end up with people who make mistakes and clog up the already defunct ticketing system further.

If you want to test something.... there is a testing server. Not much more to say on that really.

well there is more to say,becasue alot of games dont have a testing server and even more people dont want to botther with a "test" when they are limited on time to jsut play there actual game, your only thinknig about your personal view instead of the intrest of the masses. its cool, but not when you think its the end of the "problem" :rolleyes:

Archived Post 12-11-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

anyway, just an idea dont know how others would feel about this.
Just responding to what was presented. :(

Archived Post 12-11-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Just responding to what was presented. :(

yep, and im greatfull for feedback allways. but STO is the only mmo i know of that allows alot of uses to go on there "beta" servers.

alot of STO players arnt gamers and a ton more have barrely enough time to play there own character on holodeck, let alone spending a few hours on tribble with no gain just to test somthing they may or may not like :D

i myself, allready feel i wasted my EDC's and ill live with it cos atm i actually have time to play STO (even if it is boring) but people who dont get to play much will be really PO'f if they get into my situation :p