Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   What are armor tanked Engiís pilots meant to use in sci consoles? No usefull consoles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=244444)

Archived Post 12-12-2011 04:54 AM

What are armor tanked Engiís pilots meant to use in sci consoles? No usefull consoles

It seems to me that since the change to consoles armour tankers are left out with no useful consoles to use in the sci slots. I used to use Halon System to boost Hazard Emitters but that console now gives a bonus to Power Insulators which is useless to us. Can we even boost Hazerd Emitters anymore? Whatís a good console to use?

(The above is written from the prospective of an Eng pilot flying cruisers)

It also seems trans torps are completely useless now Plasma torps have been buffed and do more hull damage. Trans torps used to be sort of ok before but now why would anyone use them?

Archived Post 12-12-2011 05:13 AM

Hazards are buffed by Starship Hull Repair. No sci consoles add to that skill, only SIF generators do.

Since shield tanking > hull tanking I'd use two instances of EPtS (1 or 2), RSP1 and at least TSS2, which is boosted by Emitter Array (former Astrometric Imaging Scanner).

I'd prefer quantums and photons. Chronitons have their use in PvP, the rest is too weak to consider.

Archived Post 12-12-2011 05:19 AM

I always found armor tankers to be much tougher then shields. But whichever is better the point still stands. Due to the changes armor tankers are left with zero useful sci consoles.

Why do shield tankers get to keep useful sci consoles but armour tankers lose ours?

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:26 AM

Borg Generic Modules and the Antimatter Spread module are in my assault cruiser build.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:40 AM

don't forget the Bio metric console, it restors crew and crew repair the hull.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsey
I always found armor tankers to be much tougher then shields. But whichever is better the point still stands. Due to the changes armor tankers are left with zero useful sci consoles.

Why do shield tankers get to keep useful sci consoles but armour tankers lose ours?

I'd agree with that, but that doesnt mean ignoring shields.
When hull tanking I always found it usefull to have highly regenerative shields....they drop... obviously... fast BUT they pop up fast again and that practcly adds lot of resistance.

But that doesnt really help the opening question... I'm not yet familiar with the new consoles.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 05:13 AM

Currently I run the borg assimilated console in one and the shield emitter console in the other on my sov. It doesn't help a whole lot, but it will buff your Rotate shields (In theory). The other console I've been playing with is the hazard emitters, which SHOULD lower energy drain against your ship, which is only useful against a very small subset.

I have to ask though, what abilities are you using?

I found that even with 2 x Haz, 2 x Eng and SIF I still like having 2 x EPtS to reinforce my resistance and shield regen. I don't count on it, but it makes a huge difference.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat (Post 3904920)
I have to ask though, what abilities are you using?.

At work & on dinner break so this is from memory. Engineering Team 2 & 3, Hazed Emitters 1 & 2. x2 EPtW 1. Beam Overload 1, Torp Spread 2, High Yield 3. (Not found spread 3 yet). SIF and the skill Dampners? The one that boosts turn rate. My power is 110 Aux (After skills, I use a projectile based setup), shields and weapon on 50 (before skills) rest dumped in engines for turn rate.

I think I had an EPtS 1 fitted as well which I rarely use along with Rotate shields I. Mostly I cycle between the two EPtW 1ís hitting the EPts1 every so often.

Right now I have the Borg and transwarp consoles in my sci slots.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsey
It seems to me that since the change to consoles armour tankers are left out with no useful consoles to use in the sci slots. I used to use Halon System to boost Hazard Emitters but that console now gives a bonus to Power Insulators which is useless to us. Can we even boost Hazerd Emitters anymore? Whatís a good console to use?

(The above is written from the prospective of an Eng pilot flying cruisers)

It also seems trans torps are completely useless now Plasma torps have been buffed and do more hull damage. Trans torps used to be sort of ok before but now why would anyone use them?

Sci console slots are where one puts thier Borg consoles and (what some poeple call) P2W consoles. :D

Archived Post 12-13-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whamhammer (Post 3905827)
Sci console slots are where one puts thier Borg consoles and (what some poeple call) P2W consoles. :D

Science Console slots = universal console slots. :eek::rolleyes: