Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Patrol Daily? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=244519)

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:29 PM

Patrol Daily?

Just a thought: now that the individual system patrols have been redone and scale to your level, how about a Patrol Daily to patrol any 3 systems?

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 3903797)
Just a thought: now that the individual system patrols have been redone and scale to your level, how about a Patrol Daily to patrol any 3 systems?

The Nagus is wise...

=)

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis (Post 3903806)
The Nagus is wise...

=)

Quoted for truth.

And maybe count these as defend sectors too seeing that the missions for the accolades are being taken away.... :(

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:39 PM

That is a good idea. The scaling of the system patrols was also a good one.

Patrolling three systems would be a lot though. If I remember right, the patrol Sirius has like five different quest. I wouldn't think that patrolling one each day would be enough.

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Englebert
That is a good idea. The scaling of the system patrols was also a good one.

Patrolling three systems would be a lot though. If I remember right, the patrol Sirius has like five different quest. I wouldn't think that patrolling one each day would be enough.

I'm talking about 3 systems, not sectors :)

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:48 PM

What happened to the guy assigning you patrol missions? DId he take an arrow to the knee? Do I just have to wander around sector space until I find one? Are they even int he same planetary systems anymore?

Also Nagus' idea is a good one.

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling
What happened to the guy assigning you patrol missions? DId he take an arrow to the knee? Do I just have to wander around sector space until I find one? Are they even int he same planetary systems anymore?

Also Nagus' idea is a good one.

To add more of a feeling of discovery, general patrol missions were removed in favor of you stumbling across them as you fly about sector space.

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 3903826)
I'm talking about 3 systems, not sectors :)

I see my mistake, I was thinking about sectors. I like the idea of patrolling a sector each day or choosing three systems. Thinking about it choosing any three would make it less repetitious for a daily. Because you could do Sirius two days in a row and only have to repeat but one quest if any. Which would make it feel like less of a grind for awhile. With many more sectors to choose from.

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjc_foxtrot (Post 3903849)
To add more of a feeling of discovery, general patrol missions were removed in favor of you stumbling across them as you fly about sector space.

I see, so do we get extra xp for doing them then? Because thats how I leveled up Issylt - did only patrols and a few missions, and the dse.

Archived Post 12-12-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling
I see, so do we get extra xp for doing them then? Because thats how I leveled up Issylt - did only patrols and a few missions, and the dse.

I havent actually done any yet, although I assume when you click the "patrol X system" button you are assigned that mission and then get a normal mission xp reward upon completion.