Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   STF Ground Has Become Frustrating (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=244701)

Archived Post 12-13-2011 03:05 PM

STF Ground Has Become Frustrating
 
Anyone else having problems with players always dropping in the ground STFs so you can no longer finish them? ... We try and try but it becomes too difficult.

Gets frustrating as .... bleep ... that we put so much time into a run and then have people bail with everyone else holding the bag.

And even with the new penalties, it has gotten WORSE ... not better!!!!

Gozer ... The frequency of the tech drops has got to be fixed or improved because right now ... I have yet to see or hear of someone actually getting one on normal play which means everyone is now only doing the space missions as we have to grind all those encrypted chips to get the suits.

Ground ... for me ... is just about broken as out of five runs ... four came up failed because people bailed before the final room.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 03:58 PM

did something like 10 ground normal or elite last week end. Only one person dropped and we were still able to suceed.

I guess you were unlucky.


But i have to agree with you on the tech, i did 20 ground normal/elite since STF update and i never did get any single tech

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncanX11X
did something like 10 ground normal or elite last week end. Only one person dropped and we were still able to suceed.

I guess you were unlucky.


But i have to agree with you on the tech, i did 20 ground normal/elite since STF update and i never did get any single tech

It just gets rather frustrating after a bit. So many successful runs and then the teams just fall apart. Might be my trying during the week.

Forgive my venting.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 05:25 PM

I recently just bought the entire Mk XI ground set with Edc's, mixed between normal and elite, and after all those mission I've only seen ONE prototype drop (sadly not to me). But that's ridiculous that the drop is so rare that they won't even give the drop rate. It's almost as hard to get as jem'hadar ship let alone 6. I really hope this isn't the new method of getting new gear. It's simply not fun and not really worth dealing with how cheap the Borg are being since season 5.

Archived Post 12-17-2011 11:56 PM

If the Jem'Hadar ship is truly a 1:100 chance, then I'd say that the Techs are a fair bit rarer than that. Even after the patch on Thursday.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 02:40 AM

I have got 1 tech in my first infected elite space after season 5 patch and never seen any again :(
have full MK XI M.A.C.O. ground set and MK XI M.A.C.O. ship shields
but not a single tech any more.
prototype borgd tech we can only dream

Archived Post 12-18-2011 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimtomisbehave
If the Jem'Hadar ship is truly a 1:100 chance, then I'd say that the Techs are a fair bit rarer than that. Even after the patch on Thursday.

For the record the generally accepted probability for the ship to drop from the c-store boxes is 0.65%.

thats a 1:154 chance. :eek:

lol.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 08:14 PM

Ground has always been the most frustrating part of STFs. Why, I'm not too sure. But it is. It is incredibly unforgiving, especially the bosses.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 10:06 PM

To the OP, whats going to need to happen is there is gonna have to be a part on cryptic to try to help in the process of who can an enter an elite STF. One idea I had is a pre-req mission for each que where you have to play one of two parts and pass both before getting in.

The first one is that you have a solo part where you have to achieve special goals yourself that are worthy of qualification of being able to enter an Elite STF que. The second part is where 2-4 players que up as their 2nd part of the requirement where teamwork is established with the person who runs the solo part after they have achieved that goal. So then if you can handle solo goals and team work goals to be given an accolade that will unlock the elite que. This in my opinion would let our fellow players know this person got into the que so they can hold their own and work with the team to achieve victory.

In addition to that I believe that + getting the optional achieved a certain amount of times in normal mode should also be a requirement for elite mode. It may be harsh, mean, politically incorrect of me to say but when you join our teams you must be an elite person to join our elite teams.

Archived Post 01-01-2012 06:15 PM

I have a problem with this
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
To the OP, whats going to need to happen is there is gonna have to be a part on cryptic to try to help in the process of who can an enter an elite STF. One idea I had is a pre-req mission for each que where you have to play one of two parts and pass both before getting in.

The first one is that you have a solo part where you have to achieve special goals yourself that are worthy of qualification of being able to enter an Elite STF que. The second part is where 2-4 players que up as their 2nd part of the requirement where teamwork is established with the person who runs the solo part after they have achieved that goal. So then if you can handle solo goals and team work goals to be given an accolade that will unlock the elite que. This in my opinion would let our fellow players know this person got into the que so they can hold their own and work with the team to achieve victory.

In addition to that I believe that + getting the optional achieved a certain amount of times in normal mode should also be a requirement for elite mode. It may be harsh, mean, politically incorrect of me to say but when you join our teams you must be an elite person to join our elite teams.

Having played STO since beta and run my fair share of the gauntlet, the idea is crappy. Each time I want to run a STF I have to prove myself?

Have I not already done that by earning the accolade "Klingon Honor Gaurd Veteran"? And, yes - in a bad team, even the good die ugly.

Even then there are still those intent on making the experience so unpleasant that it leaves little to the imagination. No-one should have to stand around being insulted, by anyone. I draw the line at being cursed, and called names.

Another thing, this is a two-sided argument. While I was still learning the ropes, do you want to do how many times the exprienced players bailed on the team. From your post it sounds a little onesided.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 PM.