Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Why are the STF Weekends still midweek? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=244702)

Archived Post 12-13-2011 03:08 PM

Why are the STF Weekends still midweek?

Weekend is mentioned all over their descriptions yet the calender has them Wednesdays and Thursdays. Perhaps this has already been answered, but I couldn't find much.

(From a Euro GMT perspective)

Thanks.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 03:21 PM

basically they moved them to midweek to avoid clashing with the main defera stuff.

they also want you to log in more.

also they forgot to update the calender

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:18 PM

I will pass this along to the dev team and request an update to the descriptions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:24 PM

I'd rather have them on the weekends. I don't have time on weekdays to do the STF's. Yet another way to screw players who can mainly play on weekends.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machocyclone (Post 3906224)
I'd rather have them on the weekends. I don't have time on weekdays to do the STF's. Yet another way to screw players who can mainly play on weekends.

I'd Rather have them on Weekends and Weekdays. Those of us who have to work on Weekends always got screwed out of Q bonuses.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nynik
Weekend is mentioned all over their descriptions yet the calender has them Wednesdays and Thursdays. Perhaps this has already been answered, but I couldn't find much.

(From a Euro GMT perspective)

Thanks.

Maybe Wednesdays and Thursdays are the weekend on Ferenginar?

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atatassault (Post 3906228)
I'd Rather have them on Weekends and Weekdays. Those of us who have to work on Weekends always got screwed out of Q bonuses.

I would support that. They made special consideration for the Defera Ground Invasion; why not for the STF's weekday's (weekend's). Same thing for the Q XP stuff too.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 04:33 PM

I guess I don't see why having them on Weekends AND Wednesdays is bad thing. The Deferi stuff is more limited, time wise, than the 24hour STF window. It's totally conceivable for a player to do the STFs that award double chips, then while waiting for the cooldown head to Deferi for that content. Cycle and repeat.

I'm unclear as to why offering more "player beneficial content" windows are a bad thing.

Archived Post 12-14-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by framesplicer (Post 3906238)

I'm unclear as to why offering more "player beneficial content" windows are a bad thing.

they gotta be stingy with those edc's and rare tech drops. it keeps people grinding away. Grind Trek Online.

Archived Post 12-14-2011 06:18 AM

how about just randomly alternating the dates and times of ALL events?

why does this have to be scheduled for one or two specific days in the week?

if you put somethinh on the same day in the same hour there will always be players who miss out.

for example i can't play Saturdays because that is car fixing day for me and my dad. Yet the Deferi GMT event is on saturday... so i need to play tuesday in the middle of the night to catch it at least once a week?

that SUX

randomize times and dates and everybody will have a chance at some point.