Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   how to add borg dmg? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=244733)

Archived Post 12-13-2011 09:48 PM

how to add borg dmg?

I just seen someone mension somethin abought adding damage to borg in in-game chat i didnt get an answer there . what would that be? sounds like somethin i could use in STF's.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 09:52 PM

There is [BORG] gear you buy at DS9.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthian
There is [BORG] gear you buy at DS9.

like what? for ship dmg for example? in

Archived Post 12-13-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwight44
like what? for ship dmg for example? in

The ship weapons with a [borg] modifier have a chance to extra DMV to the Borg, ground weapons have a kinetic dog bonus.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 11:00 PM

the space borg dmg modifier

How many EDC's does it take to get this borg damage modifier for space,whats it called? someone asked if they had repulsers in a STF thats not it right?

Archived Post 12-13-2011 11:07 PM

5 EDC's for Mk X. 10 EDC's for Mk XI weapons.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

How many EDC's does it take to get this borg damage modifier for space,whats it called? someone asked if they had repulsers in a STF thats not it right?

Save your EDCs. You will eventually get more rare borg tech than you know what to do with. 2 rare borg tech will give you one MK XI space or ground weapon.

The ground weapons do kinetic damage against the Borg, even if they are adapted (I believe, someone correct me).

The space energy weapons have a 7.5% chance to do 1000 radiation damage against the Borg.

The space torpedo weapons do 1000 radiation damage against the Borg.

I have enough rare Borg tech that I am almost tempted to chose "greed" on rolls but it may become more useful in the future, so I am saving it.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 11:52 PM

5 EDC for ground mkX weapon right? surley not for purple ship weapon. Oh just a sec all equipment from The EDC/rare borg salvage vendor is all purple correct? so i just need 5 EDC maybe 10 or just 2 rare borg salvage for the borg dmg enhamcer.

Archived Post 12-13-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

5 EDC for ground mkX weapon right? surley not for purple ship weapon. Oh just a sec all equipment from The EDC/rare borg salvage vendor is all purple correct? so i just need 5 EDC maybe 10 or just 2 rare borg salvage for the borg dmg enhamcer.

I believe the rate is

X (very rare): 5 EDC or 1 rare salvage.
XI: 10 EDC or 2 rare salvage.

While rare salvage does not drop in every mission, you can get lucky and get two in a bag and one or two on a roll in a single mission and the only thing it is good for is the standard gear requisitions.

EDCs can be used for the MK X and XI special reserve gear, so I would save up for that and just use whatever Borg salvage you get for MK XI ground and space weapons with the [Borg] modifier.

By the time you get enough EDC to buy one full MK XI set, you should have gotten enough rare salvages to buy whatever ground and space weapons you might need, because you seem to get one for about every five STFs on regular and you only need about 20 to fully outfit a cruiser and get two ground weapons.