Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Feel cheated, bought Doff pack on first day.... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245128)

Archived Post 12-16-2011 05:44 PM

Feel cheated, bought Doff pack on first day....
 
....and now there is a chance to get ultra-rare Doffs in that same pack? It's almost like those who supported the c-store and purchased them when they came out are getting punished for being so stupid as to purchase something from Cryptic in good faith.

People who buy them now get whatever percent chance to get one of those. I paid the same money, and got zero percent chance. That's a real slap in the face.

I guess i've learned my lesson....i'm not jumping to buy stuff on the c-store anymore.

I think the "early adopters" of the doff pack should at least get like, a random roll item that gives us the same chance to get one of those special doffs that the people who buy them now get. Odds are we would get nothing, but at least having the CHANCE that people now do would be a show of good faith. I just feel cheated that I spent the same amount of REAL money to get something, and got less for it.

Not cool, Cryptic. Not cool.

Archived Post 12-16-2011 05:47 PM

That's like going to Walmart and asking them to get a Christmas sale price on something you bought a few months ago...and saying it isn't fair that you had to pay more.

It's a special event, they happen...you aren't getting cheated, you got what you paid for when you purchased it.

There's a LOT wrong with the c-store/cryptic...but this is one argument I'll never understand...

Archived Post 12-16-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberin (Post 3911356)
That's like going to Walmart and asking them to get a Christmas sale price on something you bought a few months ago...and saying it isn't fair that you had to pay more.

Actually it's like going to the store a few days later when there was a price drop........and most stores WILL honor that.

I would more than happy to return my previous set in exchange for the new one. I doubt there is any way to track what I got, but i'd be perfectly happy with an exchange.

Archived Post 12-16-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmendel46 (Post 3911376)
Actually it's like going to the store a few days later when there was a price drop........and most stores WILL honor that.

I would more than happy to return my previous set in exchange for the new one. I doubt there is any way to track what I got, but i'd be perfectly happy with an exchange.

No, it's really more like you bought a pack of TGC cards at Walmart, and the very next week they announce the card packs might contain newer, rarer cards starting now.

Archived Post 12-16-2011 08:13 PM

Doing some quick math based on Heretic's comment that each rarity level is 1/10th as common as the one above it, and ultra rares are 1/10 as common as normal purples:

Pre-offer: 11.97% of doff packs will have one or more purples.
Post-offer: 1.20% will have one or more ultra rares.

Unless you got a purple already, you really have nothing to worry about: You weren't in line for an ultra rare anyway - if the RNG had "rolled" high enough you would have just gotten a purple. If you did get a purple, well, there's a 1/11 chance any one of them could have been an ultra rare.

Basically, you're complaining something couldn't happen that wouldn't have happened anyway.

Archived Post 12-16-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 3911517)
Doing some quick math based on Heretic's comment that each rarity level is 1/10th as common as the one above it, and ultra rares are 1/10 as common as normal purples:

Pre-offer: 11.97% of doff packs will have one or more purples.
Post-offer: 1.20% will have one or more ultra rares.

Unless you got a purple already, you really have nothing to worry about: You weren't in line for an ultra rare anyway - if the RNG had "rolled" high enough you would have just gotten a purple. If you did get a purple, well, there's a 1/11 chance any one of them could have been an ultra rare.

Basically, you're complaining something couldn't happen that wouldn't have happened anyway.

I've received about 12 Purples from CStore DOff packs... where does that leave me? :p


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 AM.