Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Graphical and Sound Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Why did you remove the shoes? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245162)

Archived Post 12-17-2011 02:36 AM

Why did you remove the shoes?

Why aren't these shoes, that have been in the game from say 1, not in the game any more?

Image of Removed Shoes

My crew still wears them but if I go in to the Tailor and change anything about them, the shoes get replaced by the Boots - Leather. Which is far from the same thing.

Why were they removed?
When will we get them back?

Archived Post 12-18-2011 02:41 AM

Maybe I was the only one who used them so they removed them because of that...

Archived Post 12-18-2011 05:17 AM

really? I have to go look...

Archived Post 12-22-2011 12:57 AM

I've checked all my characters that used to have these shoes and they are all gone. So can anyone from Cryptic let us know what is going on? Is it a bug? Have you removed them for some other reason (if so, why)?

Archived Post 01-06-2012 03:39 PM

So, is it a bug or have you removed them?
Which is it?

If it is a bug, are you working on fixing it?
If you deliberately removed them, then may I ask why?

Not difficult questions to answer.

Archived Post 01-15-2012 11:04 AM

A month has passed and yet no word that they are aware of this.

At least to could let us know if it was an error or they were removed for a reason.

Archived Post 01-15-2012 11:27 AM

I liked these ones for some outfits. (almost anything looks more Starfleet than the boots leather with the tall knee guard and the giant toe box). I haven't played much the last month. The rate at which they are thoughtlessly and needlessly removing little details that I had great respect and affection for (and replacing them with ill-concieved, fluffy, tripe) is just too far outpacing my ability to emotionally rebound from the weekly dose of new bumhurt.

I will have to log in so that I can check on this. Is it with all races and uniforms? Or could it be a 'linking' glitch that is limiting the footwear selection for certain pants?

Archived Post 01-16-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
I liked these ones for some outfits. (almost anything looks more Starfleet than the boots leather with the tall knee guard and the giant toe box). I haven't played much the last month. The rate at which they are thoughtlessly and needlessly removing little details that I had great respect and affection for (and replacing them with ill-concieved, fluffy, tripe) is just too far outpacing my ability to emotionally rebound from the weekly dose of new bumhurt.

I will have to log in so that I can check on this. Is it with all races and uniforms? Or could it be a 'linking' glitch that is limiting the footwear selection for certain pants?

All species and both BOffs and characters alike.

Archived Post 01-24-2012 01:45 AM

So I guess we will never learn if they removed these shoes on purpose or if it is a bug that will get fixed.

Archived Post 03-04-2012 05:44 AM

It seems the Padded Shoes are available in game still, for females only.

What is up with that Cryptic? Doesn't the females have enough clothing that is exclusive to them?