Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   So, I decided to run an STF last night (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245262)

Archived Post 12-18-2011 06:32 AM

So, I decided to run an STF last night
 
Guess who got a leaver penalty....

Archived Post 12-18-2011 06:46 AM

I don't get it.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 06:48 AM

My entire team left when the optional goal failed. I was left by myself to finish the match and had no choice but to leave myself. That means I also got a leaver penalty.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 06:56 AM

Strange. I've had leavers too and left when it was clear that there was no way to finish the STF. However, I never got penalties for that.

Edit: Having a closer look at the picture, it looks like the starting point. So maybe the amount of progress and time passed is taken into account on whether a penalty is given or not.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spidey1980 (Post 3912697)
Strange. I've had leavers too and left when it was clear that there was no way to finish the STF. However, I never got penalties for that.

Edit: Having a closer look at the picture, it looks like the starting point. So maybe the amount of progress and time passed is taken into account on whether a penalty is given or not.

Notice how little they progressed in that 15 minutes? Ouch.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 09:52 AM

The Cure one with the Klingon Borg is got to be the hardest STF out there, especially of the ground ones... People can't seem to ever get that one done whenever I decide to try an play it. Heck, even on normal its a heavy challenge. I'd hate to know what its like on Elite! :eek: Nowadays I just steer clear of that one, unless I know I'm going with a good well equipped team that going to stick it to the end... Don't feel bad I can never get past the shield/forcefield generator objective either before people start packing up and leaving. But I would think that after 15 minutes they would waive the leaver penalty, especially for the last 3 left. The first 2 should get it no matter what to discourage people from leaving on a whim or because they 'couldn't' complete the bonus objective... That's just silly and cowardly, not mention poor sportsmanship, considering the mission as a whole can still be won even if the bonus objective fails... Just my 2 cents. :cool:

Archived Post 12-18-2011 10:02 AM

Well, then, never mind....:o
reading before coffee again...

Archived Post 12-18-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg (Post 3912811)
What to do:
Go to the right, you must leave 1 player to guard Kang. Destroy all the probes, bottom layer first, leave the cube alone, repeat don't kill the Cube...yet.
Move to center, repeat... Kill all probes while leaving the Cubes (this is going to end the constant spawning of enemy ships), if you start killing cubes, the spawns become more numerous and bigger ships with each cube death.
Once you've killed all the probes on all 3 cubes, destroy the cubes one at a time.
Optional completed.
Now, engage Carrier and unleash everything you've got against it.
Once it's dead you're done.

IMO, the Cure is the easiest of the 3 space STFs.

except for the fact that this thread refers to the ground portion of "The Cure" not the Space portion...

On the ground it is considerably more difficult and I tend to avoid it. Hell I tend to avoid all the ground STF's but will occassionally do Khitomer Accord which is relatively simple with a competent team.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teejo08 (Post 3912814)
except for the fact that this thread refers to the ground portion of "The Cure" not the Space portion...

On the ground it is considerably more difficult and I tend to avoid it. Hell I tend to avoid all the ground STF's but will occassionally do Khitomer Accord which is relatively simple with a competent team.

KA is decent. Infected isn't bad until the last boss aside from a nigh impossible optional objective. (Really, all the ground optionals should flat out reward a second EDC to everyone.) The Cure is not for PuGs on any difficulty; they ought to let everyone bring a full away team to this one to put the focus on the strategy and then just beef up the Elite mode mobs to account for there being 25 friendlies on hand.

Archived Post 12-18-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan99
KA is decent. Infected isn't bad until the last boss aside from a nigh impossible optional objective. (Really, all the ground optionals should flat out reward a second EDC to everyone.) The Cure is not for PuGs on any difficulty; they ought to let everyone bring a full away team to this one to put the focus on the strategy and then just beef up the Elite mode mobs to account for there being 25 friendlies on hand.

Optional Infected isn't impossible......people just try to rush through. You have to slow down and make sure you go for the crewmembers FIRST. To many people just try to go A-Team and dive into the mix. You will fail.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 AM.