Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Antiproton weapons against borg (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245385)

Archived Post 12-19-2011 03:44 PM

Antiproton weapons against borg

I was doing some STF's (space) and noticed that a lot of people are using antiproton weapons. So I'd like to know: is there any advantage on antiproton weapons against the borg? something like: borg vessels have resistance against every energy type, less the antiproton? Same thing to ground. Any advantage on using antiproton weapons?

Archived Post 12-19-2011 04:08 PM

i cant remember 100% but compared to normal weapons the antiproton borg weapons have either a higher crit chance or criit damage. which ends up meaning more damage compared to the other anti-borg weaponry.

Archived Post 12-19-2011 04:24 PM

yeah, the default proc is +2% Critcal Chance +40 critical severity

Archived Post 12-19-2011 04:45 PM

But this applies to every enemy. Borg or not. And the other weapons has their advantage also (like phasers have 2.5% chance to disable a subsystem). My question was if there were something special on antiproton weapons that makes them better specifically against the Borg.

Archived Post 12-19-2011 05:30 PM

No there is not. I use AP because of the crit chance. It does seam to make a difference on cannons when using rapid fire. Its just personal choose I guess.

Archived Post 12-19-2011 06:32 PM

i always wondered. the static borg bonus of 1000, does anyone know if that can eb increased by crits? if it can that would be a reason to go with AP as opposed to other borg weaponry,

Archived Post 12-19-2011 07:00 PM

I've used antiprotons for quite a while... if your tac, you can get some extra oomph behind those crits and see some really big numbers with them.

They're not necessarily better than, say, phasers, but they're a bit more satisfying. Phaser procs aren't reliable, sometimes you'll get one and it's a game winner, sometimes you never see them, sometimes you get them but your torpedoes aren't ready and you can't capitalize, sometimes you don't even realize their weapons or engines were shut down, and in STFs a bunch of key targets don't have engines, weapons, or shields to even shut down. But you see crits all over, so you get that reassuring feel that your weapons type bonuses are working.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 06:13 AM

Ok. So it is really a matter of personal choice. I was asking to make my choice what would be my borg weaponry. I'll have to study this. I have a Gal-X, so no phasers means no spinal lance. Perhaps I'll keep just one for the lance, and equip the remaining with antiprotons. But thanks everyone for the help. It really clarified me things.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitain Wilhelm
Ok. So it is really a matter of personal choice. I was asking to make my choice what would be my borg weaponry. I'll have to study this. I have a Gal-X, so no phasers means no spinal lance. Perhaps I'll keep just one for the lance, and equip the remaining with antiprotons. But thanks everyone for the help. It really clarified me things.

The Lance is independent and does not require an additional phaser bank to operate. EG my Dread is fitted with plasma throughout and the Lance works just fine.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 07:50 AM

So they removed the requirement to have a phaser beam weapon equiped for the lance work. That put a smile on my face :) .