Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   STOked Episode 108: Beyond the Finish Line (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245448)

Archived Post 12-20-2011 05:23 AM

STOked Episode 108: Beyond the Finish Line

STOked Episode 108 is up and available for your podcasting pleasure!
Quote:

Jeremy from Cryptic (formally from STOked) joins us to chat about up coming game changes, like the ground skill revamp, crafting overhaul, a new weapon you’re going to get your hands on for the holidays, and some more behind the scenes details on the holiday event!

Plus why it took so long to fix Voldemort, and the new bug you can help the STO dev’s track down!

Also: Chris’ thoughts on the Holiday Event, and an important tweak he’d like to see made and he kicks the tires of the new Jem’Hadar player ship!
As always, you can find it here at Jupiter Broadcasting.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 05:27 AM

As always, excellent show! Too bad you guys are off for two weeks!

Archived Post 12-20-2011 07:57 AM

Here's some constructive feedback.

Don't force players to take skill points from space and use them on ground skills. Completely separate the skill point pools. There's a reason players put all their points into space skills...

Archived Post 12-20-2011 08:24 AM

Done with the show. He's all happy happy, he got his Ship given to him. total BS, They're ignoring the community too! Watch the show then read the forums!

Goodbye STOKED!;)

Archived Post 12-20-2011 08:31 AM

As far as the issues with lots of people trying to get the race guy's attention, the solutions is ridiculously simple: change instance to the map with the least people on it. Thats what I did every time I raced. Sometimes there were maps with only 2 people on them.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelus
Here's some constructive feedback.

Don't force players to take skill points from space and use them on ground skills. Completely separate the skill point pools. There's a reason players put all their points into space skills...

Actually a better move it to go Ground THEN Space. Ground combat is generally accepted to be more difficult, you can overcome a weaker skill pool/equipment in space, a lot easier then on the ground...

Archived Post 12-20-2011 09:18 AM

Ya see... it needed J-man to give the best Eposide ever! :D

Archived Post 12-20-2011 09:35 AM

On the note of Voldamore, I know several of us (myself included) did in fact send a bug report with step by step ways to reproduce. I still have my ticket number for my report: 1,181,934

And I was pretty sure it was the shields in your inventory being counted as available pool. I had noticed way back (Season 1?) that each shield item kept track of its shield facings. Putting a damage shield into the inventory would remember it was damaged. However, I had also noticed those shields would also heal over time from what appeared to be the natural shield regen tick. When the Voldamore thing surfaced, I speculated that the heal was not one way and was allowing energy from those shields to be pulled back into the currently equipped shields.

As for the BO thing, I have had that happened to me a few times. I cannot force reproduce it, but I think its related to lag, or at least, UI lag. When it happens to me, it is usually me swapping one BO for another and the UI doesn't seem to update; in fact it initially seems like the game didn't even register the change. But when I go to my power list, I suddenly find I have access to the BO I wanted as well as the one the system has.

If I ever find a way to actually reproduce it, I'll send in a bug report. For now, it just seems to happen randomly due to lag (Maybe a race condition?).

Archived Post 12-20-2011 09:48 AM

Nice show. Very well done. have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 09:54 AM

As one of the 0.1% who felt extremely shafted with the dilithium conversion to season five I would like to whole heartedly thank the JMan for sticking up for people who felt as I did. The BOff (Woo-Hoo - space buffs) and gift packages (meh) were at least some form of compensation for what I considered a blatant disregard by Cryptic to what I had previously worked towards in STO.