Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Understanding Armek (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245473)

Archived Post 12-20-2011 09:12 AM

Understanding Armek

Ok. So we all experienced it. Getting oneshotted by an arguably overpowered Armek in The Cure to the point if frustrated defeat.
Now I started to wonder if the best way to deal with it is to take a lesson and learn to adapt.

What is it, that makes him tick and so overpowered? We probably have the tools to deal with him and are just not using them properly.

I know enough about Rebecca Simmons to solo her with my engineer. This one should have a weakness as well. Let's find it together.

What kind of damage us Armek dealing? Is it Antiproton or Plasma? Or a Hybrid?
Any exotic damage he deals with a melee attack?
What energy type is his orbital strike?
What's the best way to destroy his cover shields and domes?
What is aggroeing him? Pure damage? Is he ignoring me if I don't attack him at all?

Archived Post 12-21-2011 03:03 AM

What? No one with Armek insight?
Com on, don't make me go into that zone all by myself to collect data . :p

Archived Post 12-21-2011 05:23 AM

Take a team of five engies and get 4 to just spam the loving hell outta turrets whilst stood pressed up (OUTSIDE) against the shield wall, whilst the fifth stands at the far end (INSIDE) and hopes Armek doesn't one shot him :D

This works with one engie too, can tale a while to wear him down and runs a greater risk of the person inside being offed but it's how we all - whilst laughing our asses off - beat him last night on Elite.

Archived Post 12-21-2011 09:04 AM

There are 2 ways that I know off.

1 Science Tank melees Armek alone. Everyone else basicly just watches, fires off a shot once in a while, but not too much or he will aggro someone at range and 2-shot chain the whole team.

2, Engineers attack him with Quantum Mortars while a cloaked Tactical hides in a corner.

Archived Post 12-21-2011 10:31 AM

Armek's chain attack does Anitproton damage.

Archived Post 12-21-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 (Post 3917042)
There are 2 ways that I know off.

1 Science Tank melees Armek alone. Everyone else basicly just watches, fires off a shot once in a while, but not too much or he will aggro someone at range and 2-shot chain the whole team.

2, Engineers attack him with Quantum Mortars while a cloaked Tactical hides in a corner.

Old ways are still the best ways. Always nice to have two sci in the party so one can keep an eye on the sci tank and toss in extra heals when needed. When he assimilates the tank it can do 70% of their health so it pays off to have a guardian angel.

LOL yeah, prefer tacs locked outside the shield or laying there dead in this fight, only takes a few minutes to take him down, even on elite

Archived Post 12-21-2011 04:50 PM

Only way I got close to him, he seemed to have some sort of silly wave or stages going on.
I was playing my medic character, straight medic kit for all 4 heals.. large hypo.

Ehh.. Very messy situtation, we actually had a person rage quit on us after like the 12th attempt or some .. thing..

Basically after his first stage he wouldnt bombard the area as much and his repulsion field or whatever aoe he has right away, isn't lethal enough to stop you at this point. So I got tired of remodulating my plasma pistols.. so I decided to try Melee combat. Well the first try of that I got him down to roughly 15% health before he assimilated me.

In short its probably possible if you had the anti assimilation hypo's and 2 crazy people doing straight medic healing themselves to tank the guy. Otherwise, forget about it and go run some other mission a few times.

-- Edit
I should probably mention that all attempts to get anyone up is futilie in this part of 'the cure'. Infact its easier for them to respawn, and spam the turrets into the shield thing.. or if they are tactical... stand there and look pretty.

Being that Armek is indeed overpowered and takes down my shields and 20% of my hp per shot... on NORMAL... WRONG WrONG WRONG!!!!!

... took me each and every one of the heals I had available as soon as I could pop them off to even tank him.. Either you can Fix the mission.. or Give me my Retro Borg gear for the time I've waisted in that ONE attempt to get through it. Nothing should EVER be that stupid hard on the lowest difficulty possible.

Archived Post 12-21-2011 05:29 PM

Agree with Daya

I was the tactical standing there looking pretty as Daya mentioned.....the mission against Armek at the end of the Cure was crazy hard. Not impossible but we had 5 seasoned vets and while admittedly, we were probably mostly spec'd for space..(can't speak for everyone on the team)...we should have been able to do better than we did on normal. We tried many different approaches, ranged weapons, melee, some inside the force field, some out. Daya's medic was impressive with melee but could not bring him down even with the rest of us standing back providing cover fire...well till we drew aggro and bought it.....
So, if we had two or three characters set up like Daya's medic, I'm confident we could defeat him in one or two tries. Feel bad for any other pickup teams trying this.
The rest of the mission was enjoyable. Not too hard but a challenge.
So, my feedback agrees with Daya....Armek is too hard on normal. Might need to dial down his chain lightning attack. Don't make him soft.....just a little less overpowering.
Thanks

Archived Post 12-21-2011 05:33 PM

Actually I Know what skills I need for ground combat. And so I have myself spec'd accordingly to actually do decent healing on ground as well as space. Not an easy task but it is possible.

Archived Post 12-22-2011 01:50 AM

It's easier to have a melee tact tanking him and a medic throwing nanites at the tact.
This way you don't have to watch the whole fight doing nothing.