Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Season 5 Dev Diary #10 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245491)

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:12 PM

Season 5 Dev Diary #10

Stephen provides a few updates and wishes everyone Happy Holidays in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:17 PM

Ground skills!!!!! can't wait to test them.:D

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:18 PM

Happy Holidays!

:)

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:21 PM

Rawr more new things to play with...

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:22 PM

December 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dstahl
The dev team is busy working on the Dominion Featured Episode series and on something fun for the upcoming First Anniversary event. 2011 is going to be a great year for STO!

December 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by D'Angelo
The dev team is busy working on the Dominion Featured Episode series and on something fun for the upcoming Second Anniversary event. 2012 is going to be a great year for STO!

*some quotes are slightly paraphrased.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3915878)
Ground skills!!!!! can't wait to test them.:D

me either roach. i am concerned however, that we still havent got clarification on how the skill point "split" will happen. are we going to be forced to put 25% of our current skill points in ground? is the skill point total staying the same or going up?

i read the ground skill post, and honestly, to me, it created more questions than it answered. i would really like some clarification before i make a judgement on this issue. hopefully, they skill point cap gets bumped up and everyone at VA gets the extra points which equal out to 25% ground- that would be the ideal situation. and, as ive been saying lately, this is something the devs should do- it will go a long way towards building back goodwill with the community. i just hope the devs actually listen to us. i can think of a few that dont *ahem gozer ahem*.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmasteroz (Post 3915892)
me either roach. i am concerned however, that we still havent got clarification on how the skill point "split" will happen. are we going to be forced to put 25% of our current skill points in ground? is the skill point total staying the same or going up?

i read the ground skill post, and honestly, to me, it created more questions than it answered. i would really like some clarification before i make a judgement on this issue. hopefully, they skill point cap gets bumped up and everyone at VA gets the extra points which equal out to 25% ground- that would be the ideal situation. and, as ive been saying lately, this is something the devs should do- it will go a long way towards building back goodwill with the community. i just hope the devs actually listen to us. i can think of a few that dont *ahem gozer ahem*.

Who knows? I look forward to the testing and haven't put much thought to the rest as it always changes or is drowned out by post after post of negative on how it should change, etc. etc.
Hopefully it will be at 25% of total points and not more, since Space combat is a big draw to gameplay.

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:31 PM

Wonder if that means another tribble test reward
TRIBBLE BOFF FTW !!

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:40 PM

Has anyone tested? Is the droprate for Red Boxes still 1%?

Archived Post 12-20-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

2012 is going to be a great year for STO!
Where have I heard this before...