||12-21-2011 03:01 PM
TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 21, 2011
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
EDITED: Added a couple known issues.
Added link to skills-related blog post.
Added link to graphics-related blog post.
- New Ground Skills!
- Blog post here: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2744
- All players must re-spend their skillpoints!
- Ground skills have been refocused, and now follow a scheme similar to the new space skills.
- Some skills are common to all careers, while some are career-specific.
- Each career-specific ground skill unlocks a bridge officer training ability at Ranks 3 and 6 of the skill.
- Some ground skills improve Shields and Armor.
- The base values of Shields and Armor were not reduced, so these skills just make them better.
- Any players that had the previous max skillpoint value will be automatically adjusted to the new maximum.
- Space and ground skills have been separated!
- It's possible to spend all your skillpoints without maxing out either space or ground.
- This is intended, as you are allowed a small amount of leeway to spend your points.
- Players will rank up at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, and 50 instead of 11, 21, 31, 41, 46, and 51.
- Security officers on the power distribution of Drozana station and Captain Reaver should no longer attack KDF characters during the mission "Everything Old is New."
- Skill Point, Bridge Officer Point and CXP rewards from duty officer assignments have been adjusted.
- Duplicate bridge officers should no longer be appearing on player bridges.
- Killing NPCs in Foundry missions no longer causes players to stop receiving kill credit on all maps.
- Guild bank updates:
- Stacks of items are no longer counting as a single item when being withdrawn from the guild bank.
- Deposit and Withdraw log messages are now correct.
- Credits can now be withdrawn from the guild bank when the money deposit permission is off.
- There are more graphics changes than you can shake a nanopulse lirpa at!
- Transphasic Bomb damage was improved.
- The duration and recharge time of Engineering Ground Reroute Power to Shields was increased.
- Added Electrical Damage to Fuse Armor.
- Tuned Hyperonic Radiation so the Duration now scales over Versions I, II, and III.
- Version I duration was reduced and Version III duration was increased.
- Scaled Tachyon Harmonic knockback across versions I, II, and III.
- Improved Subsystem repair skill so it’s less dependent on your percent of alive crew.
- Players set to anonymous are no longer able to receive friend requests and fleet invites.
- When sharing missions, the "X already has this mission" message won’t show for the player that originally had the mission.
- Qo'nos First City loading screen now properly displays its map snapshot.
- The UI has now been updated to display "Rank Level" instead of "Rank Grade" (e.g. Commander 22 instead of Commander 3).
- Note: Level numbers now display as one less than before.
- Changed the names of ranks on skill tree to be full ranks instead of abbreviations.
- Resolved scaling and blurriness issues with unique duty officer portraits.
- If you open your Skill Training Window while in Space, ‘Invalid Class’ appears at the bottom of the window.
- Accessing this window on the ground displays the message properly.
- The Skill Training Window filter is currently not functional.
- Some graphics settings can cause shadows to look ‘blocky’.
- There may be other graphical glitches here and there. Please use the /bug command to report them
- Starfleet ground skills:
- The new Engineering skill Tactical Driver Coil is missing.
- The new Tactical Captain Rank skill, Threat Control, is missing.
- As a result, the Attack Pattern skill wasn't yet moved to the Lieutenant branch.
- Respec is currently non-functional.
I've talked to our lead graphics programmer about changes y'all would want to know about. Here's what he had to say:
This release contains DirectX 11 support. This new rendering API can drive video cards supporting DirectX 10 and higher (10.1, 11, 11.1). The initial release is essentially a port of our DirectX 9 rendering features to DirectX 11. The game should mostly look the same, as we have not added a lot of support for newer DirectX 11 features, we’re just getting a base from which we will continue adding such features.
We have not ported all low-end video settings support, just mid-level and high-end features. Therefore, under the DirectX 11 rendering option, there may be some graphics problems with Video Options slider set all the way to the left (the Speed side of the slider). Also, on hardware that only supports DirectX 10, like Nvidia GeForce 8800s and 9800s, when Antialiasing is enabled we do not currently support many depth-dependent Video effects. This includes High-quality shadow mode, depth-of-field, and some others. This is because Nvidia and ATI have not provided us a special driver back door we have available under DirectX 9, and we have not had time to do a potentially much more expensive work-around.