Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 22, 2011 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245761)

Archived Post 12-22-2011 03:21 PM

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 22, 2011

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20111218a.4

General:
  • “Invalid Class" no longer appears in the skill window while in space
  • The Rewards window once again displays the correct values.
  • The accept button on the captain retrain window is now functional.
  • The message about respending skillpoints is now popping up for the ground skill revamp.
  • Updated the text for the Probablity Logistic skill.
    • Renamed the bridge officer training node from Gravimetric shift to Electro-Gravitic Field.
  • Updated the tooltips for all rank 2 and 3 Traits.
  • The rank/level notification text for level ups has been updated with the new level numbers.
  • Starfleet Engineers now have the skill Driver Coil.
  • Starfleet officers now have the skill Threat Control as a Captain rank skill.
    • As a result, the skill Attack Pattern was moved to the Lieutenant branch.

Known Issues:
  • Spent and Max numbers for Space and Ground Skill Points display as 0 when on a Space map.
  • The Skill Training Window filter is currently not functional.
  • Some graphics settings can cause shadows to look ‘blocky’.
    • There may be other graphical glitches here and there. Please use the /bug command to report them.

Archived Post 12-22-2011 04:27 PM

you guys asked for feedback, well [so far] this only appears to happen in DX11, but everytime I change an option on my ship (this was in sector space) the grid image behind the ship blanks out (this was a borg shield to a reman shield for example), i.e. something that alters the ship's appearance;

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5...1122223240.jpg

if I swap the item back, it clears

Archived Post 12-22-2011 07:56 PM

i did some comparison from tribble to holodeck with the driver coil for engys...so here are some stats using the mk XI new borg gear set for he revamped STFs.

Mark XI Borg STF gear for tribble and then holodeck:

Tribble : 9 points in star ship impulse thrusters ------------- Holodeck : 9 points in star ship impulse thruster
-------------7 points in driver coil
Power lvls 115 (80 ) ------------------------------------- Power lvls 115 ( 80 )
--------------- 79 ( 60 ) ------------------------------------ 79 ( 60 )
--------------- 57 ( 30 ) ------------------------------------- 57 ( 30 )
--------------- 47 ( 30 ) ------------------------------------ 47 ( 30 )

Cruise speed - 32.98 ----------------------------------- Cruise speed - 32.99
Turn rate - 34.9 ----------------------------------- Turn rate - 30.4
Full Impulse - 168.49 --------------------------------- Full impulse - 157.39
Power lvls @ full impulse 94 ( 80 ) -------------- Power Lvls @ full impulse 5 ( 80 )
------------------------------------94 ( 60 ) -------------- 5 ( 60 )
----------------------------------100 ( 30 ) ---------------------- 100 ( 30 )
------------------------------------ 94 ( 30 ) -------------- 5 ( 30 )
Notice the gain in the power lvl from the driver coil @ full impulse.. this might be a bug of sorts..

Warp 10.00 -------------------------------------------- Warp 9.97

Now i did a comparison with the reto borg set as well, kinda with the same outcome. The only thing was that , with the retro set , warp stayed the same. Wondering if there is a set limit on the warp or would it go up some if i 9 points in the driver coil../shrug .. maybe i will respec and see ..

Anyway , after repecin my guy keep most of the lvls i had on Holodeck ( just a slight down sizing of my heals , shields mainly ) . I think the new skill tree was very well done . The only thing is , don't really care for the skill point being link ..i.e. ground skill points spent is tied to the space tree to get to next tier ( think i said that right ) and vice versa .

Good work and Devs .. Just want to points out the power lvl gain at full impulse with Driver Coil !!

Rock On !! Ok that didn't turn out the way i wanted it to looked better on my screen

Archived Post 12-22-2011 08:19 PM

And too the cruise speed was better on holodeck than tribble too .. whats that about ? :)

Archived Post 12-23-2011 02:42 AM

My character that i transferred over still is 1000 skill points short of what the max says it should be. he cant earn any more either.

i believe this is a display issue as he does have access to slip stream which you can only earn if you are at max rank with all skill points spent.

Archived Post 12-23-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyce9984 (Post 3919577)
you guys asked for feedback, well [so far] this only appears to happen in DX11, but everytime I change an option on my ship (this was in sector space) the grid image behind the ship blanks out (this was a borg shield to a reman shield for example), i.e. something that alters the ship's appearance;

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5...1122223240.jpg

if I swap the item back, it clears

Actually this problem is not anything new. It has been there for as long as I can remember for me and is not unique to DX11

Archived Post 12-23-2011 05:20 AM

just a quicky, found a bug in the video options menu, whenever I try to change the refresh rate it diverts me back to desktop.

Its OK now but it should still be checked out I think

Archived Post 12-23-2011 07:21 AM

No love for 39?

Starbase 39 Sierra slips through the cracks again...how disappointing.

I know its not a zone that is widely used now but when F2P comes players will have to go there, and when they do they will get to see all the environmental bugs and lack of functionality.

If you don't know in what I am referring to...that too is disappointing since I have been posting on the forums about it, filling out bug reports, and even filling out GM tickets on the topic.

One of my posts is here :Post ( Click )

I really do hope that it gets some polish to it before F2P.

Archived Post 12-27-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
My character that i transferred over still is 1000 skill points short of what the max says it should be. he cant earn any more either.

i believe this is a display issue as he does have access to slip stream which you can only earn if you are at max rank with all skill points spent.

Which character? Thanks!

Archived Post 12-27-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADMIRALCUTTER28
just a quicky, found a bug in the video options menu, whenever I try to change the refresh rate it diverts me back to desktop.

Its OK now but it should still be checked out I think

When you say it diverts you to desktop, do you mean you crash? Or does the game just minimize?
Thanks!