Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Gamma Orionis Frustration (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=246463)

Archived Post 01-01-2012 11:01 AM

Gamma Orionis Frustration

Please help, im loosing my mind!:confused:

I am vice admiral, I have accepted into the omega task force @ D'vak and I still don't have the mission that would grant me access to borg space!

I haven't done any STF's yet, because my gear is junk for those missions, im trying to get into the b'tran cluster to get some mark XI crafting going but i just can't get in there!

As i open "hail starfleet" list there is no captain D'Vak, no Four of Ten and no Lieutenant Karbo to give me the needed missions.

What do i do?:(

Archived Post 01-01-2012 11:30 AM

Have to do the Report to Gamma Orionis mission that is found in the Borg section of the mission journal or by contacting Admiral Quinn.

Archived Post 01-01-2012 02:12 PM

Its not there, i didn't just contact him, i went to his office personally and all i got is those repeatable exploration mission, where b'tran cluster is not included.

If you don't believe ill make a screenshot!:(

Archived Post 01-01-2012 02:15 PM

I am in the same boat (ship) I went from CA to VA in a short time using only DOFFs. I think that you must complete a few of the missions in order to unlock that mission. I was looking for a list when I saw your post. I am thinking it may just be a few of the first contact missions that opens up a new set. I will let you know ASAP. :)

Archived Post 01-01-2012 02:20 PM

I am also considering the option that it is because im still on the 30-day tour but since everything else works fine i don't see any reason why this should be the reason...

I prefer not to speculate!

As for the access not being here is really unusual since i've already been invited into the task force itself...

Archived Post 01-01-2012 03:15 PM

Because of the forced linear mission progression now you have to complete or click skip on every mission that comes before the mission that has you go b'tran. It won't even show up until you have either completed or skip the other missions.

Archived Post 01-02-2012 12:07 AM

Which other missions? I don't have any of them that include gama orionis yet.

Archived Post 01-02-2012 07:45 AM

You have to have completed or pressed skip on every mission on the Klingon front, Romulan Front and cardassian Front before the "Report to Gamma Orionis" mission will show up.

Press J and click on the episode tab. On the left you will see the 6 different fronts(Klingon, romulan, cardassian, borg, breen, undine). click on the klingon one and it will show you all the missions on the klingon front. Click skip on any that you have not done then do the same for the romulan and the cardassian and after you have clicked skip on all of them click on the borg and it should then let you accept the report to gamma orionis mission.

Archived Post 01-02-2012 08:30 AM

No-no-no, the stories are the highlight of this game, if you are sure that this will cause the missions to appear then i'll just go throught them one at a time.

After all i am max level now and i can take my time exploring all the aspects of the game! Tnx:)

Archived Post 01-02-2012 10:24 AM

access to GO is storyline gated

you do NOT need to get access to do the STFs though as the PvE queue is accessable everywhere. An advantage now to waiting till max on the storyline missions now is that the majority of the rewards are leveled to your current level.