Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Armek idea (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=246562)

Archived Post 01-02-2012 12:45 PM

Armek idea

Because it is practically impossible to defeat armek in that forcefield place so my idea is:

You know the area behind armek with the ramps they should make all those ramps conect so you can get up and then you have armek waiting in an alcove but know you can run around the ramps and get to cover because those ramps have practically no use.

Also there could be a like forcefield around armek's alcove (maybe with 2 honor guard assimilated people like still with the uniform on but assimilated as bodyguards) and once you de-activate the forcefields there is a borg overide that puts a forcefield round all the ramps and once you die you get respawned out of the area so this could make more stragy in the fight against armek because in the STF before it was revamped the once a couple of different stragies in like having 4 snipers and a melee.

This is just an idea

Archived Post 01-03-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom_Paris
Because it is practically impossible to defeat armek in that forcefield place so my idea is:

You know the area behind armek with the ramps they should make all those ramps conect so you can get up and then you have armek waiting in an alcove but know you can run around the ramps and get to cover because those ramps have practically no use.

Also there could be a like forcefield around armek's alcove (maybe with 2 honor guard assimilated people like still with the uniform on but assimilated as bodyguards) and once you de-activate the forcefields there is a borg overide that puts a forcefield round all the ramps and once you die you get respawned out of the area so this could make more stragy in the fight against armek because in the STF before it was revamped the once a couple of different stragies in like having 4 snipers and a melee.

This is just an idea

Armek is fine as he is, they could debug him a bit, but thats all.

general hints for this encounter are:

- don't use Plasma/cryo grenades (or everything else that would make him move)
- As soon as he is in cover shield phase use your Proton rifle (the one from the devidian series) on the cover shields, it will chain to him eventually, allowing you to deal dmg constantly.
- use shooter mode, to throw grenades at him while the cover shield blocks your line of sight (for tacs with photon grenades: You have to aim above him)
- Don't use attack him if you are close to him, unless you are the tank

Archived Post 01-04-2012 10:28 PM

I have been able to pretty much melee Amarak to death by myself when my team gets wiped out in the first thirty seconds. It usually works if you do not get assimilated.

The one strategy I found was to have a science officer, preferably a Vulcan or another race that can do a lot of melee damage equip a physician kit and just hammer away at him while the rest of the team stays back and shoots him. Have tacticals throw grenades and and engineers plant transphasic bombs. So long as everyone stays apart, you can usually get him down in health quickly. If people get too close together, he kills everyone with that electricity bolt.

Then, when he starts throwing up the shields, I think it is possible that everyone can melee him, but I am not sure. Either way, that strategy usually works on the first time on normal.