Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Season 5 Dev Diary #11 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=246676)

Archived Post 01-03-2012 01:49 PM

Season 5 Dev Diary #11

Stephen gives a preview of what the team is up to for the New Year in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 01-03-2012 01:53 PM

First! :)

Wowiehowies, I must say, this is an awesum announcement. Details for Season 6, and sum sort of a quite detailed plan for the next weeks and munths on what's gunna happen. Thankies so muchies! :)

~ Meowrika

Archived Post 01-03-2012 01:57 PM

I hate to say it but everyone is thinking it...

I will believe it when I see it.

Archived Post 01-03-2012 01:58 PM

So 6 months until the next Season. Either development has slowed down or its going to be double size. And what is the ETA on the FE series 5? D'Angelo said it takes approximately 3 months to make a FE series, so if FEs4 is ending in March(meaning it was finished before then) we should be seeing FEs5 in May/June.

Archived Post 01-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

All told, itís my goal to have something new in the game nearly every week starting with the second anniversary event and running through the end of April.
Yeah, let's see how this turns out :rolleyes:

Archived Post 01-03-2012 02:00 PM

Some reallty good news, if you manage to stick to track it looks like Season 5 will have given us 6 months of really good stuff.

I delighted to read the words content in there, and indeed featured episodes, but I have some niggling concern.

There was a pledge sometime ago by the great Stahl that we could expect possibly as many as ten featured series per year. Since his departure I have not seen or heard this restated, or indeed anything close to it. Like many in the community I was overjoyed when I heard that. They are THE best thing about STO. I worry that this idea for expanding high quality content may have been dropped somewhere along the line.

F2P in my epxerience leads to content death... please assure those of us who plan to continue with our loyal subs, that this will be a key development area for the game!

that all sounds pretty sweet but i will take it with a pinch of salt until it arrives.

Oh boy oh boy, here comes the Odyssey, I can't wait!

Archived Post 01-03-2012 02:01 PM

In what manner(s) will the Odyssey Class and the new Klingon ship be obtainable?

Archived Post 01-03-2012 02:02 PM

Usually I'm skeptical on these dev diary announcements, butt as I said above, this time it sounds like it's got hands and feet. FE Series 4 is set in stone almost as it seems, however as Nagus said, no FE Series 5 yet ... butt there's much else to read, so I don't need that many FE series in a row, if the rest is going nicely.