Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Ok.. Can we have the TR-116 now? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=246749)

Archived Post 01-04-2012 12:30 PM

Ok.. Can we have the TR-116 now?

Ok.. well, lets see here *Checks C-store* seems only a few preorders arent in c-store... Stream and Target... The Body armor and the Rifle.. why? Im not quite sure.. Also dont get any ideas here cryptic. These items need to be released as account ide unlocks for atleast 2 weeks. (To make them equal to the rest) But really Tr-116, we've been asking for the TR-116 for to long now. Heres an idea... "Gear set One" for 260 cp. Account wide unlock, Unlocks, TR-116, The Steam preorder armor, And a PSG. For account wide for 2 weeks, then After 2 weeks sell them seperately for 120 CP each (char unlock) But we atleast need the oppourtunity to get account wide like we did every other preorder... it just wouldnt be fair to everyone who didnt preorder at target (atleast steam still sells their preorder)

Archived Post 01-04-2012 01:03 PM

This is the umpteenth thread about the TR-116, and I am going to have to burst your bubble, my friend.

Cryptic hasn't responded to the last thread, nor the one before that, nor the one before that. It is quite clear that it ISN'T coming to the C-Store anytime soon, and their stance is a blackout on it.

I'm sorry.

Archived Post 01-04-2012 01:03 PM

I agree I want one too, hope to see many guns in the store in the near future.

*http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/TR-116_rifle just seemed right

Archived Post 01-04-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
Ok.. well, lets see here *Checks C-store* seems only a few preorders arent in c-store... Stream and Target... The Body armor and the Rifle.. why? Im not quite sure.. Also dont get any ideas here cryptic. These items need to be released as account ide unlocks for atleast 2 weeks. (To make them equal to the rest) But really Tr-116, we've been asking for the TR-116 for to long now. Heres an idea... "Gear set One" for 260 cp. Account wide unlock, Unlocks, TR-116, The Steam preorder armor, And a PSG. For account wide for 2 weeks, then After 2 weeks sell them seperately for 120 CP each (char unlock) But we atleast need the oppourtunity to get account wide like we did every other preorder... it just wouldnt be fair to everyone who didnt preorder at target (atleast steam still sells their preorder)

Now from previous Dev's posts the TR-116 rifle is being held up due to 'legal' issues, and who knows when the licensing issues with Target are due to end...

Though with the exception of unusual item collectors, whats the point of offering what are basically Mk II Lt. grade items in the C-Store, when nearly all characters have allready out-grown their use??? (Though I wouldn't mind seeing a pricy Mk XII version of the TR-116 on a per character unlock in the C-Store...)

Archived Post 01-04-2012 01:14 PM

Apparently it's a decent Borg hunting weapon.

Archived Post 01-04-2012 01:22 PM

The problem is we hardley ever get a responce in the C-store thread.

A definitive yes or no would be nice. I'm a DS9 buff and want as much stuff from DS9 as I can get my hands on.

Archived Post 01-04-2012 01:25 PM

i collect unusual items, Hay cryptic IDEA "TR-117" The Mk X version of the TR 116 ;) Target stopped selling the Tr 116 what legal prolems could their be?

Archived Post 01-04-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

i collect unusual items, Hay cryptic IDEA "TR-117" The Mk X version of the TR 116 ;) Target stopped selling the Tr 116 what legal prolems could their be?

How about the fact that the TR-116 is the intellectiual property of CBS studios to do with as they please.

Archived Post 01-04-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Just because Target is no longer making money from its agreement doesn't mean that the agreement has no legal value... Remember, the TR-116 was original a Vendor's Perk, unique to that store for a limited duration... (and how limited no-one has actually said...) And since the agreement was signed by all the parties involved, its not as if Cryptic and CBS Studios can renege on that agreement at their leisure... (Or at least, not without paying a large financial penality for early termination of the agreement...)

Archived Post 01-04-2012 07:06 PM

i really think the tr116 would have been the perfect weapon to introduce with one of the borg stf sets but.... no.