Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Why Lie On the Matrix? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247168)

Archived Post 01-06-2012 02:05 PM

Why Lie On the Matrix?

It says for BO slots under paid subs:

Quote:

+2 Additional Slots Per Rank
Additional Slots Purchasable
Let a few ranks we don't get BO slots. This should be changed on the matrix or it needs to be corrected in the game.

Archived Post 01-06-2012 03:16 PM

Are you sure that you are not confusing Slots with Stations? I've never actually counted the slots before.

Archived Post 01-06-2012 03:19 PM

The matrix was written a long time ago, when FTP was first announced to the community, and that is not the final version. It has changed several times since its initial release, and I assume it will change again before FTP goes into service.

Archived Post 01-06-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Let a few ranks we don't get BO slots. This should be changed on the matrix or it needs to be corrected in the game.

The header for that row in the F2P Matrix is "Additional Bridge Officer Slots", so the entry for 'additional' BO slots is correct. What is not stated is that the starting number of BO slots is "4", for both 'Gold' and 'Silver'...

Archived Post 01-11-2012 11:49 AM

Captain and Commander I got no new slots. So there was no slots given at every rank as advertised.

Archived Post 01-11-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Captain and Commander I got no new slots. So there was no slots given at every rank as advertised.

Then Bug Report it. You are at fault for assuming every little thing to go wrong *has* to be malicious intent.

Archived Post 01-11-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atatassault (Post 3943283)
Then Bug Report it. You are at fault for assuming every little thing to go wrong *has* to be malicious intent.

On more than one character? Plus talked to others who also have this as well? How many BO's do you have at cap? Then you are also at fault when you say that number because it will be four less than the Matrix said.

Even an old thread here when F2P Matrix first when live had one guy saying the matrix means it must change when he tried to justify the cost of LTS post-F2P.

Try again.

Archived Post 01-11-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Like a bit of drama do you?

Calling them lairs over something so small is a bit harsh. The game changes fast, not every little sentence can be reworded systematically without a lot of work. Sometimes something will be missed.

They are not liars. The information is also partly correct, you do get additional when ranking up don't you.

Archived Post 01-11-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Like a bit of drama do you?

Calling them lairs over something so small is a bit harsh. The game changes fast, not every little sentence can be reworded systematically without a lot of work. Sometimes something will be missed.

They are not liars. The information is also partly correct, you do get additional when ranking up don't you.

Not at every rank as the Matrix says. So they told a "half-truth"? When a retail store advertise something and don't deliver that's also a "half-truth" or "false advertising"?

Either way definition of lie is: giving a false statement. A liar is one who gives false statement. That is a false statement on the Matrix. Thus it fits. What word would make you feel all sunshine and lollypops so I can change it?

Archived Post 01-11-2012 12:14 PM

As FTP has not started yet - all the new people are simply part of the FTP beta process going on right now - I don't see this as being much of an issue. Everything can be changed up to the moment of FTP - and based on the terms we all agree to when we join the forum/game they can be changed at any time after as well. It seems like a pointless point to be arguing over.