Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Unable to edit appearance on KDF marauding reward boff. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247350)

Archived Post 01-07-2012 07:19 PM

Unable to edit appearance on KDF marauding reward boff.

It seems there is an unfortunate issue with the new off duty costume system, since the button is greyed out for KDF players due to them not having off duty costumes. From what I can tell, it's causing the rank 4 marauding reward boff, who only wears off duty costumes, to immediately reset its appearance when you try to make any changes to it.

Anyone else experienced this?

Archived Post 01-11-2012 06:30 PM

KDF Maurauder Renegade Boff Broken!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resz
It seems there is an unfortunate issue with the new off duty costume system, since the button is greyed out for KDF players due to them not having off duty costumes. From what I can tell, it's causing the rank 4 marauding reward boff, who only wears off duty costumes, to immediately reset its appearance when you try to make any changes to it.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yep I have same issue!

But it gets worse, the officer I chose was supposed to be a Science Officer with appropriate skll set.
However when I try to allocate skill points or give her a different ability I cannot make any changes at all. :(

Another bizarre thing is now that I have assigned her to my crew she is listed as an Engineer, despite the fact she has all science skills. :eek:

Archived Post 01-11-2012 08:39 PM

I haven't noticed the latter problem, though I might have avoided it entirely by picking an engineer myself.

What species did you choose? I'm having the costume issue with a female Andorian.

Archived Post 01-11-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

I haven't noticed the latter problem, though I might have avoided it entirely by picking an engineer myself.
What species did you choose? I'm having the costume issue with a female Andorian.

Human Science Officer - Female

Archived Post 01-11-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroIce
Human Science Officer - Female

Well, the only commonality between us is that we picked females. I suppose once more people having this problem start trickling in, we can better ascertain if this is a problem with the marauder boffs overall or if there are only certain ones effected.

Or, like, someone from Cryptic could give us some feedback. Whichever comes first!

Archived Post 01-12-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Well, the only commonality between us is that we picked females. I suppose once more people having this problem start trickling in, we can better ascertain if this is a problem with the marauder boffs overall or if there are only certain ones effected.

Or, like, someone from Cryptic could give us some feedback. Whichever comes first!

Would be nice to get some dev feedback.

I was tempted to post the issue in the "Support > Gameplay Bugs" area but didn't want to get the "evil eye" from moderators for what they might consider as double posting. I did ticket my issue in game so maybe someone from Cryptic will eventually respond to it there. Given all the F2P stuff going on I am sure it would be a low priority issue to them, but it is annoying to have a BOff taking up a slot and be totally useless in it.

Archived Post 01-12-2012 12:44 PM

I'll get someone in software to look into it.

If you are having an issue, could you let me know:

Your Captain's faction

Your Captain's species

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with

Description of issue

Archived Post 01-12-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhighison (Post 3944917)

Your Captain's faction
Your Captain's species
Description of issue

Thanks for the reply!! :) Here's the basic info.

Your Captain's faction - KDF

Your Captain's species - Klingon

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with - Human (Female Sci BOff)

Description of issue - Achieved Rank 4 in KDF Marauding. Received Renegade Bridge Officer as a reward. Chose Sci Officer Human Female, once assigned to crew BOff now shows as Engineer but in skills section shows as Science Officer. Unable to adjust skill points or retrain. Unable to adjust appearance at tailor in any way.

Archived Post 01-12-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhighison (Post 3944917)

Your Captain's faction
Your Captain's species
Description of issue

Fantastic, thank you!

Captain's faction: KDF (aka Team Awesome)

Captain's species: Alien female

Species of bridge officer: Andorian engineer, female

Description of issue: Received reward bridge officer for Rank 4 Marauding. Any attempts to change officer's appearance immediately snaps back to default.

Archived Post 01-13-2012 12:25 PM

Thanks guys, top men are on it.